Hotel Zone closure

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i just heard someone in the office say that pres bush will be here tomorrow cuz today has to meet with the pope... anyone know if hes really coming? if he is chaos will be a definite

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mexican President Calderon's plane landed in Cancun around 4:15 pm today. They shut all movement down at the airport while they got him out of there. You couldn't even walk around...

3. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend of mine told me that on top of the military check-points they had set up on Kulkulcan, they also had war ships sitting right off shore in front of the Hilton. Can you imagine being a tourist and seeing all this?

Thank goodness I only have to drive as far as Plaza La Isla...but, it even affected the mall. The little boat that goes through the mall isn't running, as they are also stopping boats in the lagoon! I've heard that tomorrow is the last day...let's hope!

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every time the President of Mexico comes they station the Navy offshore I have seen that several times. Bush is not scheduled to come to Cancun.

5. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thnx 4 the info!!!!

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No incidents until now, HZ is open and other than see a lot of militars and federal cops, all the other remain the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice