Hotel Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Katie, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sparkey and I are thinking of going to Cancun in December. For this trip we would bring our kids (18 and 19 in Dec) and a friend of one kid, who'll be 20. It will be their first time and we've been before. Since we've only stayed at BBG we are not quite sure what place would be good.

I know we want to have a pool, beach, plenty for them and us to do, easily accessible to the buses, AI, a villa or condo would be nice, in the hotel zone, snorkeling on premises or nearby. Of course we'd what something reasonable. Any suggestions on hotels that we can then research would be great.

Thanks!
    Katie

PS We might also split our time between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. SO hotel suggestions for down there would be great.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Katie,

You might consider renting a villa at the Royal Resorts. I don't think they are AI though but I could be wrong.

If you definitely want AI, you might check out the Riu.

3. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Karan.. we'll look at those.

Katie

4. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never heard any complaints of the RIU, except that their beds are exceptionally hard. At least, in the standard rooms. We toured it back in 2005 and I have to agree, they were pretty hard compared to the other places I have stayed. Go to walmart and buy an egg crate mattress.

5. Paul79UF

Paul79UF Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I rented a villa at the Omni Cancun one year. It was a 3 story with plenty of room and just a few steps to the pool/beach.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Omni would be a great choice, due to the various types of rooms/villas. You could all be connected roomwise.

Club Med would be a great choice if you want the kids to be able to do activities by themselves, without your supervision, but supervised. Club Med has a ton of activities all day long. The reef is just off their shore. They could snorkel every day if they wanted to. Sailboats, etc......would keep them busy.

I'd check out both places.......

Michelle

7. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Michelle. I'll check out those too.

I've been looking at the Rui's and having a hard time figuring out which one at those resorts would be best.

So for those who've been to these resorts, what would you recommend? In talking with my husband, I think we are going to get two rooms and not a condo. We think that would be best. And the kids would prefer to do AI. So anything further thoughts and suggestions would be great!

Katie

8. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have fun planning Katie!

9. Annette

Annette Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd look into one of the Iberostars in Playa. We were there last November. Nice ( HUGE) properties. AI. Tremendous pools. A lot of activities.

We had a great time there. Would go back in a heart beat.

10. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Annette.. Appreciate the idea. Sorry haven't responded as I've been at another week of training in NJ!

Now I have another couple of questions. We are thinking of going from Nov. 30 to Dec. 3 --- for those who traveled over that time, how's the weather and hotel prices? Prices higher than usual? It is right after Thanksgiving.

Thanks, Katie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice