Hotel suggestion, where to get a good deal

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by keginthecloset, Jun 14, 2007.

1. keginthecloset

keginthecloset Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Posted this in the Oasis thread under the hotel section and I was directed here.

So I went to CPC this past March for my HS spring break. Had a lot of fun and loved it. May end up going back there renting a timeshare room. $990 would be the cost per person assuming air is $350.

However the only we we go back there is if we get someone 30 or older to go with us so we will see.

But what are some good hotels for spring breaks that would be cheaper than 990? I've looked everywhere on the web (haven't contacted a travel agent though) and can't seem to beat that price.

Here is what I really liked about CPC.

- Wide variety or restaurants and bars.
    - They had two bars open later, one closed at like 12 and the other one closed at 1 I think it was.
    - Good food.
    - The timeshare room is great because we won't always want to go out to the clubs and party, we will have enough people to carry on the party after the bars closes.

What I didn't like about it.

- No Spring Breakers so I am concerned that when we go down there we won't meet many people our age. Of course when I was there this past March (2 weeks later than we will go in 2008) we went probably 15-20 people that we hung out with. I'd be happy if we ment that many people but again we will be going two weeks earlier.

The hotels other than CPC I have considered are Oasis and Krystal.

What I don't like about Oasis though is.

- Some of the reviews I have read. Is the food good? Do they have a wide range? If they have a buffet I am all set.
    - What kind of beer do they have? I love Corona but also like XX. I'm sure some of my friends might complain if it's all Corona for the whole week.
    - ONE bar open past 6? So do you have to go out to the clubs like every night then to party? I was hoping to not have to, coz I know I won't want to spend $40 every night to go out to a club. I was planning on going out around half the nights and then maybe some other nights gettin some people together and partying in the room. (why I perfere a timeshare room) Nothing wrong with some beer pong in Cancun.
    - The price. The cheapest I have found is 1300 including air. Umm no way am I paying that for Oasis. A part of me really wants to go there just because it is the spring breakers resort but I have some issues with what I have read about this hotel. About the staff and stuff.

Also have looked at the NH Krystal. Looks alright. But their site doesn't show a whole lot of info.

My questions.

- How many bars are there and how late are they open?
    - Looks like they have a pool bar, beach bar, and a lobby bar. Is that all?
    - What are their suites and other rooms that aren't standard look like? Are they condo like? How much per day?
    - Food. I am an american eater. My favorite place to eat at the CPC was the buffet. Do they have a buffet? If so I am set as long as it's good food.
    - How old to you have to be to check in?
    - A lot of spring breakers here?

So basically here is what I am looking for in a hotel.

- Good american style food.
    - I'd like it to have two bars open past 6. Otherwise it will be too crowded IMO.
    - Spring breakers. I'm single and will probably be single then. Wouldn't mind meeting some girls though. It's fun to meet new people in general.
    - The rooms. It doesn't have to be a timeshare room but I would really like it to be. Just because if you are going to party with people just from your hotel that would be the way to go once the bar closes. We love our beer pong!

But where in the world do you get a good deal at. As I said above, 990 for the timeshare at CPC/GS which is pretty good as long as we can get the flight for 350 or less. I got the exact cost from the hotel, it comes out to $90 per day per person for the room and AI> That's a pretty good deal IMHO.

So if anyone can give me another hotel suggestion or direct me as to where to get a good deal that would be great.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Its really hard to find just the perfect hotel that you want in my opinion! If you are wanting atmosphere, good food, then oasis is it! I stayed there and had NO problems! Room was nice, food was better than average, and the drinks were great! They have over 5 places to eat, and their main buffet style place has TONS of food, more so than I could even tell you. They serve good beer, not sure if its dos XX or corona, but its cold and good! Not to MENTION there are TONS of hotties everywhere!!

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Im just ready to party! woohooooooooooooooooooooooo

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I cant' tell if there are any buffets beyond the breakfast buffet nor if there is any "American" cuisine featured. If you click around the website I posted, you will be able to see two different kinds of suites available as well as sample prices for each level (w/o meals, w/breakfast, w/other meals). I've been to one of their restaurants before (Bogarts) and I can tell you it is expensive.

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You need a person over 30? wow

Well the CPC is the Crown Paradise club I am assuming?

Which is far from the action.

There are tons of hotels closer and probably more suited to your age group. You can skip the Oasis, and try the Tucancun Barcelo, or the Barcelo Costa Real, or the Gran Caribe Real. These are known resorts that will have ages in your range,

I have stayed at two of those, and would recommend it to anyone. The Costa being the nicer between the Tucancun. NEver been to the Caribe, but have heard great reviews.

7. keginthecloset

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep Crown Paradise Club. You have to be 30 because it's a family resort, they don't really want spring breakers. Which sucks but I was there this past March and liked it enough to want to go back, especially for the price.

I'll have to check out those other resorts. Do you know how much those resorts typically run? Including air?

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well alll depends on what you are looking for? All inclusive where are you coming from t he US?

Over 30 to book there, and yet it's a family resort...WEird...

Well it was farrrrr from things anyways. I stayed at their old sister hotel couple years ago, and didn't even bother going there cause it was so far back, almost at the airport..!

9. keginthecloset

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking to go all inclusive for sure. Probably flying out of Indy but anywhere around there. Chicago, Fort Wayne, Detroit. (I live around FW but it's usually more expensive.)

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jason don't you live near there???

Well all depends, I live in Toronto, so can't really help ya with the best prices..

Best thing to do is get online and check out the big name websites and see what they offer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice