Hotel Safe...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Lala052206

Lala052206 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone...i was wondering if hotel room is safe enough to leave my important belonging there such as passport, ID, credit card etc...?? or should I carry all that with me every i go?? Has anyone have any good or bad expierence regarding this topic at Temptation Resort?

Thanks in advance!

2. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Each room has an electronic safe and that is where we leave all of our important belongings (ID, credit cards, passports etc). I think that is the safest place for them, we have never had a problem using it.

Beth

3. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've been three times and have always used the safe...never a theft problem.

I would not take them with you...there is no way to safeguard them when you're in the pool. There are things that come up missing at the pool. This last trip, one couple in our group got their towels and shoes stolen.

Be smart. Make copies of your passports and leave the copies with someone at home. Take only the necessary credit cards and cash with you to Mexico. There is crime all over the world and thieves look for opportunities.
    Marsh

4. Lala052206

Lala052206 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very good advice! thank you!

5. Cntrltxcpl

Cntrltxcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Also, we ran into a couple that had their belongings in the safe, but FORGOT to lock it and had everything stolen. We always lock ours everyday and keep whatever's important in there while we're at the pool.

As a 9th timer in Mexico, if you go out on the town, only take what's necessary--I don't even carry a purse anymore and my hubby only carries what's needed and puts it in his FRONT pocket--not the back one.

Teresa

6. nick&celina

nick&celina Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    put your stuff in the safe!!

my husband and i stayed at the resort in july and discovered that you need to becareful because not everyones doors actually lock. our room had a piece of wood that "locked" the patio door and our front door locks didnt line up for extra security when we were in the room. we also heard a story about a couple's money and cameras being stolen only a couple doors down from us!! so lock up your stuff and try not to forget the wood!! lol!! :lol:

7. lasthemy

lasthemy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Resurrecting this thread a little, but how big are the safes? Big enough to put an SLR camera and an extra lens or 2 in?

8. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    safes

my best guest roughly 10 in high, 10 deep and 12 long.

9. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Camera and lens should fit but no camera bag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice