hotel questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by vacbound07, Apr 21, 2007.

1. vacbound07

vacbound07 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I'm a newbie... Single male 45 have a friend also male 40 looking to get away to Cancun, both never been there before, like the idea of all inclusive.
    I'm certified diver so if scuba is included in a package then that is a plus but not a deal breaker either.
    We want to be close to the nightlife, usual stuff booze and socializing with the opposite sex.
    So if you can help out with a few suggestions on where to stay that would fit this criteria of a place where the ratio of guys to girls is about even that would be really helpful.

Thanks all in advance

:idea:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    There are tons of hotels in Cancun, can you narrow it down for us a little and we'll give you our best suggestions. E.g:

Ocean side or bay side?
    High end, medium or budget?
    Adults only or you dont mind kids being around?

Check out the Blue Bay Getaway forum we have here, it may be the place for you.

Re scuba very few hotels if any will include a dive trip as part of the all inclusive. Normally, what it means if listed as part of the all inclusive is that you'll get a free beginners lesson in the pool (not that you'd need it being certified) and then they'll try and sell you a full price dive trip.

Personally, I would recommend you stick with the proffesional dive outfits rather than the hotel guys. Manta divers come highly recommended, you can read more about them on our Scuba forum.

And welcome to cancuncare :)

3. vacbound07

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, sorry about being vaigue in the original post. Looking for mid price between 1200 and 1500 per person. Don't want to stay in a 'roach motel'. Ocean view would be best. Thanks for the info on the scuba, kinda what I thought as well.

4. vacbound07

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yeah in regards to either adults only or the little tykes? We are both single and like to mingle :wink: but have read a few reviews on blue bay getaway and it seems like it is more for couples than for single people to chat. Is that a correct assumption?

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's hard to say whether BBG will be more singles than couples but I think generally it has been definitely more couples in the past few years.

That's not to say that singles can't (and don't) go there and have a great time but if you are looking for a resort that has a high percentage of single travelers then I'd say BBG may not be the right choice for you.

But, that being said, at BBG everyone tends to hang out with everyone else...singles and couples.

I'm single and go by myself to BBG almost all the time. Most of the people I tend to hang out with are couples but I do meet other singles but honestly I would have to say it's more couples oriented lately.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yeah BBG does attract a lot of couples, but it also attracts same sex groups, both guys and girls. I'm not sure any resort in Cancun has a high percentage of singles. The good thing about BBG though is that whether it's couples or not everyone mixes and before long you'll know half of the resort through friends of friends of friends.

You mentioned 1200/1500 a person, are you talking about a week? If so BBG would fit that bracket. Another place you might want to check is the Riu, probably a little more expensive than the BBG though.

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is no resort in cancun that caters to singles. Your best bet for finding singles is BBG. If you need to be stumbling distance from the clubs, go with RIU Cancun.

Michelle

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Honestly Michelle and Steve, I really don't think it's true anymore that you see large groups of singles at BBG that much anymore.

I spend more time there than probably anyone (about 10 times a year plus day visits when I 'm staying with Dany) and trhe number of single groups that I see really do seem to be dwindling. It's more couples and groups of couples nowadays.

What groups of singles there are do seem to be in the original posters age group though so that is a definite plus. I just think if he is looking for a place with a fair number of groups of singles then BBG may not be the best choice for him.

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand what your saying but, compared to the other resorts in the hotel zone, do you really think that another resort has more singles?

Do you really think that another resort is going to be more accommodating to singles?

I've always found that at BBG, the people that stay there don't really care if your a single or couple....they party with whomever is around, regardless of marital status. I have not ever seen that at any other resort.

Michelle

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totally agree with you that no one at BBG cares if you are a single or part of a group. Everyone just hangs out together.

But I do think other resorts might have more groups of singles than BBG these days. The two times I've stayed at the Riu we saw lots more large groups of singles then we did at BBG.

Now if those groups mesh as well together as all the people (singles and couples) at BBG is a different question all together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice