Hotel question....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jlow511, Feb 15, 2008.

?

Which Package should I take

1. Margaritas Cancun up on mainland away from all the action and take cab/bus to Oasis and pay for day

100.0%
  2. Oasis America up on mainland but has private shuttle service to Oasis Cancun to have access to priva

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Oasis Cancun All Inclusive with all the action... $1000 (This will be harder to accomplish but I be

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand if I stay at the Oasis America i can go to Oasis Cancun and party on the beach and partake of the all inclusive food/drinks while there correct? I could just pay about $150.00 mre to stay at Oasis Cancun with everyone else.

This is two options, another option is to book the cheapest one available and stay at Margaritas Cancun which isn't even in the hotel zone it's up near the airport on the mainland.

Here are my options what I'm looking at so far
    Margaritas Cancun - $605
    Oasis America - $850
    Oasis Cancun - $1000 *This is the only one indicated as All Inclusive*

These rates are for 5 nights flight and hotel. What do ya'll think?

2. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would say the oasis not even worth getting the oasis america would be a waste its seems

glad to see your coming bro

3. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What issues you think I'll have if I do the $605 trip? Obviously no beach and a nice trip to get to the action but I'd save $400 over staying at Oasis Cancun and it will only cost about $125 or so to get a Day pass at Oasis Cancun for each day I'm there.

Any input from anyone who has stayed at these Hotels would be much appreciated!

4. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i would say if it don't matter about the location and beach then why not go for the cheap one if your looking to save the cash

5. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I'm kinda leaning toward that an extra $400.00 spendin cash would be nice and if I want a beach I can always go get a day pass at the Oasis Cancun.

Curious though what hours is the day pass good for at Oasis Cancun?

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know where the Margaritas is. I have not stayed there, but I did stay at another hotel down the street. I did feel safe walking by myself, even at night. Taxi ride in town at the time was like $1.50. (I think it is about the same now.) So grab a taxi to the bus stop to the HZ. You know all about the bus.... then coming back at night, take any bus to Centro (just stay on as you go by all the hotels.) When you come back into the city, get off at the first stop. There will be taxis sitting there. Have one take you back to the Margaritas. It's like $5.oo each round trip to the HZ from your hotel when you use the bus. During SB I hear it may be a lot more convienient to take a taxi all the way, though that will be considerably more pricey. BTW: There's lots of 2X1 beer places all up and down the street Margaritas is on (Avenida Yaxchilan).... some will probably still be open by the time you get back there in the morning. Wal-Mart is literally down the street, just a very short taxi ride away.

As I posted recently, if I were going solo, I'd rather stay downtown at that hotel I was at before and do the taxi/bus thing to the beach and clubs. Weigh out that $400 against waking up with the beach just a few steps away. For me, I liked the bus ride. Just to know I'm in Cancun and there's so much to see. The hotel no matter where it is will be just a place to keep your stuff while you're there, maybe sleep a little and to take a shower. The sheets may not match, but there's hot water, and trust me, that can be a luxury in Mexico. Margaritas has my vote... like you said, you can get day passes... I should add that one possible issue is once you get out of the HZ, your front desk clerk may not speak English.

Wooooooo for you John!

7. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm actually starting to lean that way but I'm also looking to see if there are other options in the hotel zone for a reasonable price. I'm thinkin if I book Oasis America I should just fork over the extra $150 and go for Oasis Cancun for the true Breaker Experience!

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Margaritas............... then you have extra money for clubs and oasis day passes!

9. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once money is in the bank I will make the final decision. I'm kinda still leaning toward Oasis Cancun to stay w/ the rest of ya'll.

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    :clap: :daveandmo: :beergone: :headbanger:

put up or shut up!! DO IT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice