hotel near the airport

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Bonez, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi I am not usually in this forum but I think my question will be best answered here.
    I have two friends arriving in Cancun on December 21st after 11pm. They will be picking up a car and driving to Progresso to spend xmas and new years. It was suggested to them to over night and head out in the am of the 22nd.
    Does anyone know of a good over night hotel near the airport?

Thanks in advance.

2. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a New Courtyard Marriott right next to the airport, they might try there.Other than that the closest would be in Downtown Cancun.

3. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you! Would you happen to know the number for the hotel or is it part of their 1 800 blah blah thing?

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Courtyard by Marriott is brand new and if Cunspin says it is open, then it is open.

Your friends could also go downtown and stay at any number of decent hotels and catch the road to Merida, where you then turn north to Progreso. (Only one "s") Kin Mayab, El Rey del Caribe, Margaritas all are typically under $50 US.

It's about 3 hours from Cancun to Progreso and that is hauling butt. They definitely do not need to be driving on Mexico roads at that hour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice