Honeymoon Questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sal.flores, Oct 5, 2007.

1. sal.flores

sal.flores Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So me and my finace are looking extensivly into all-inclusive hotels in cancun and there seem to be good and bad regarding all. I was wondering if you guys could give me some personal opinions regarding what all inclusive hotel you think would be best for us. Here is the criteria we are working with:

Buget of $4k
    My fiance wants a breathtaking view, as well as a breathtaking resort
    We are younger, so we want to have a good time, but we want to be able to relax also if we wanted to do so.
    We want and adult only resort (love kids but just don't want them on our honeymoon)
    Don't want a swingers vibe or too much nudity (a little or some is fine)
    Good Food is important but not as important as good drinks
    White sandy beach is pretty important (but not deal breaker)
    Rooms should be nice, not great, but at least nice (not just ok)

I know it is kinda a lot but my finace is picky (what woman isn't :D ) If you guys could help I would really appriciate it. Thanks again.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    welcome aboard. precious few adults-only resorts out that way. eliminating those south of Cancun, you are left with still fewer.

I can't be certain of the budget (you may do some investigating), but the Sun Palace appears to meet most of your preferences. I haven't read any reports lately of its new "couples-only" atmosphere, but I don't believe it to cater to those in a certain lifestyle or be clothes-optional.
    http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/SunPalace/Index.asp

3. sal.flores

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This place looks great! Any others I should look into?

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Temptations Resort & Spa (formerly the Blue Bay Getaway) is adults-only, but has an unattractive beach. It has a frat-party atmosphere with an active entertainment staff leading lots of poolside games, some involving a little nudity. You can read about it here (lots of good info and chats):
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  6. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If staying in Cancun is not a necessity, there are some adults only resorts in the Mayan Riviera that are very nice.

In Cancun I would pick the Parnassus (as Steve mentioned) or Le Blanc for a honeymoon. My wife and I stayed at the Grand Oasis Playa (adults only) this past July on our honeymoon and did not like it at all.

8. sal.flores

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for all the info. I looked up the Parnassus and it seemed a little to old for what we are looking for, but you guys tell me, you guys have been there. Sun Palace looks great. I will look up Le Blanc right now. Thanks again keep the info coming!!!

9. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what about excellence playa mujeres, its the true definition of what an all inclusive resort should be.

I have just checked the rates on this site and they have an early booking bonus if reserved before november first.

If I was going to have another honeymoon I would choose this resort, very romantic, brand new and excellent service and facilities.

10. sal.flores

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That one looks really nice but there are no reviews on it yet, and I hate going off of what their own website says. I would hate to show up when they are still working out the kinks... but I guess there is an upside, as in everything would be much more up to date than the other places. Wow, we have a lot of choices. I think as of now it is between BBG, Sun Palace, and Excellence. This shouldn't be this hard... lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice