Honeymoon in Cancun -a few questions from some first timers

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by firebladejr, Jan 13, 2007.

1. firebladejr

firebladejr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey eveyone,

My Fiance and I are considering 14 nights in Cancun for our honeymoon in November this year. As we're coming from Australia, the flights are really expensive (cost more than the 14 night stay!!) and we want to make sure it's worth it before we commit and make the booking.

I'll try and keep the questions short.

- Weather in November? I've read conflicting info all over the internet.. will it be warm enough to swim? We love the beach (I'm a surfer) and hanging about the pool as well.

- Can anyone list some nice 5* properties that are within the 9km zone? I've heard that the 9km zone will be a little more sheltered from rougher seas due to an outer reef.

- What are the general costs for things like Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, etc. if you venture out to the restaurant area? We'd hate to get there and find out we didn't budget enough for the 14 days. Is there a good range of restaurants and shops nearby?

- What's the shopping like? My other half loves to shop, and having been to Thailand twice, we don't mind haggling and love going to markets etc. The odd fake handbag has never gone astray :p

I'll probably think of another half-dozen questions after I post this, but I'll wait for some responses before bombarding everyone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Pete.

2. firebladejr

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone? :-|

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Hi, the board is often quiet at weekends, probably kick into life again tomorrow when everyone is back at work!

November weather? - officially it's still hurricane season but it's the tail end so it's unlikely. Normally, it's not too bad but 2006 was very rainy for some reason. Check out my weather page for typical stats:

Cancun Weather

5* properties at around 9km? I'd have to get my map out and look, off the top of my head I'd say Riu Palace is probably the best around that area.

Dinner lunch and drinks prices? - like anywhere, it's what you want to pay. In the Hotel Zone a Mcdonalds meal will cost you maybe $8US, a top end Argentinian steak house maybe $50 US per head. Beers in the busy bars $5, from the convenience store less than a dollar each.

Shopping? - for luxury stuff (and luxury prices) go to Plaza Kukulcan or La Isla for designer names. For nick nacks, fake stuff and haggling try the markets - Market 28 and Market 23, it's a 20 min bus ride away from KM9 but an experience.

Hope that helps :)

4. firebladejr

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    helps more than you can imagine.

Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated.

Also, while your on here.. what's the area like around the 'top' of the 7.. is it as nice as further down the hotel zone?

Many thanks,
    Peter & Heather.

5. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm totally with Steve, head for the Riu. It's gorgeous!

Feel free to send me a message, I work for a really really well known Australian travel agency (but in their Canadian wing) and don't mind giving you some info!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rui Palace is top notch from what I know too.

Water in November is still warm. It cools some by Feb but it's still bathtub warm in November.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice