HOLE! nice burger and fries!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CharlesinCancun, Apr 13, 2008.

1. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a craving for a nice , fat , burger and some fries. I saw an ad in the brujula for Hole! the burger was dam good and reminded me of Texas, the fries were also excellent, nice atmoshere across from Sushi Ito in Plaza Nayandei next to Toks

very resonable $45MN for basic burger and $30MN for fries, they also have ribs

HOLE!
    AV Bonampak 200 Plaza Nayandei
    SM4ALT 4B" Local 21

2. aguasque

aguasque Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hole!

They also have free delivery until 11pm thats great. I had the adobadas ribs and they are awesome.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I gave Hole a try and really enjoyed it. The owner is a pleasant guy who just moved to Cancun from Mexico City.

I would pass on the carrot side dish and calabaza, which I always thought was a pumpkin, seems also to be a zucchini if I understood correctly.

The owner was actually making deliveries himself. It was nearly closing time when we showed up and they were taking the chairs in. No problem, they put them back and served us graciously.

I wish them well but this is a tough location to survive. The prices were cheaper than Burger King for the burgers. Downside is that I don't think I have ever had a good bun with my burgers at the small restaurants where they probably buy them at Sam's or Costco. They always seem to dry and fall apart on me. But I like this place and will go back.

And is the H silent? I forgot to ask. So how do you pronounce name of this place?

4. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hole!

I also tried Hole! this weekend. I got a bacon cheeseburger and a half order of fries. It was very good. I also had a dry bun that fell apart, but the burger itself actually resembled meat...and, better yet, tasted like it! The fries were yummy! I'll be going back soon because I noticed they have onion rings on the menu.

TJ, I asked about the name. It's Hole...pronounced the English way...like a hole in the ground. Not sure why on Earth they picked that silly name, but the food and service were very good. I agree that it is a bad location, but they deliver. Hopefully that will help.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan. You are right. The beef was great. Trina had chicken and said it was good. Bundy had the burger too. Great cooked on the grill taste.

6. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is it with these buns...I have never had a burger anywhere in all of cancun that had a bun worth a hoot....

7. aguasque

aguasque Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i really enjoy eating here, and i think this place is by far the best place to eat a real hamburger in town.

8. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hole

We went there for the first time today. Excellent all around; burgers, french fries, fried onion rings were all very good and the little sides of jalapeno, carrot and cauliflower, and the caramelized onions were great as well. Reasonable prices (less than Johnny Rockets), good food and good service can't be beat. The rolls were toasted, so they hung together a little better than the usual Bimbo garbage. I guess hamburger rolls fall into the same dark hole as most bread in Cancun (pun unintended).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice