Hiring a private cook

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BVG_Steve, Mar 1, 2009.

1. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

As some of you are aware own a condo in Cancun and have exclusive control a dozen other units I rent for other owners. Anyway I have a few guests coming next month who wish to hire a private/personal cook to come in for a few days

does anyone know anyone or can steer my in a direction where I can find someone? Not only for these guests but I am certain in the future more guests will request similar services. You can post here or PM me

Thanks

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm afraid I can't be much help. I have a friend in BVG and helped him with the same issue. It was difficult. The good chefs seem to have full time jobs and can't drop everything to work for one client for a limited time. The maids who also cook might be a choice, but lots of them are not very professional. I had a muchacha who was a great cook, I could give you her number if you want, but I'm not sure she can drop her regular jobs to go cook for someone either.

3. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RiverGirl

Thanks

I have a couple leads and if nothing pans out I will tell the guest who request this service they are on their own. We are looking for a couple of names for folks who may want side jobs, even if they are not a professional chef but have decent cooking skills

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There you go, RG!! Get a little on the side!! (money I mean.) Use up some of all of that extra time you have. Just don't tell prospective clients you help out with stray pets.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jim - Like I need another business idea...I'm still leaning toward starting a taco place that delivers...Cancun needs that...only problem is I pretty much never eat tacos myself...

6. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There used to be one of those tacos places that delivered--Tacolote? Great idea. I love tacos--waaaay too much. Actually anything with vitamin T!

7. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tacos

Jim is right. Tacolote delivers. They are a bit pricey for tacos and burritos, but they'll bring it to my house and THAT'S worth it. :)

I don't know any personal chefs.....but I sure would love to have one. aaahhhhh, that would be nice.

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mmm, personal chef sounds divine! Wish I knew someone to help you out, sorry!

Really I'm just here to join in the hijacking, we order tacos from Tizoncitos, yum and cheaper than others. We've ordered from Los Primos and Tacos Rigos but find them expensive. BTW, great tortas can be ordered from Tortas Puebla, cheap.

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So maybe my impression that you can't order tacos in Cancun for delivery is incorrect? That would be because my hubby seems to only like tacos from those greasy stands in the street...the ones where they can't afford cleaning supplies let alone motorcycles for delivery...gulp.

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can definitely order tacos, hit and miss sometimes on prices and quality, but the yellow pages is full of delivery places. And tell your hubby that they've got grease too. :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice