Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort **** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hilton Cancun

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Hilton Cancun here.

Located at Km17 it is a 20 minute bus journey to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 45 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Expedia

2. IslandGrl

IslandGrl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    November 2004

I have stayed at the Hilton 2 times now. These pics are from the Master Suite rooms. I have stayed a few resorts in cancun and can honestly say this hotel was the top of the list as far as service goes.
    Check in was always smooth, rooms are imaculate, pool and beach service is very quick.
    The hotel is far from all the party life cancun has to offer which was fine with me as I enjoy quiet nights ( my first few trips to cancun I was more the party animal) There is not much to do at night at all here besides sit and relax and 2 of the hotels bars ( which are beautiful)
    The taxi ride to any of the resteraunts or malls we went to was about 10 minutes ( in cancun thats considered "far") lol. But really the rides are enjoyable as you get to see all the other beautiful resorts.
    The restaruants at the Hilton arent anything to brag about though. There breakfast buffet ( at 20 dollars a person) was amazing. They served everything from breakfast food to a carving station. Lunches by the pool were probably typical to anywhere else, burgers, chicken. But again the service was quick. We would order food or drinks and have anything we asked for very quick. Dinner I cant talk about becuase we enjoyed going out for that.
    All the food we did eat at the hilton was very good I guess it just got redundant. Cancun has to many amazing resteraunts to eat at the hotel all the time anyways, IMO.
    There were mostly families and couples both time I have been here.
    Its def not a party hotel. This hotel is strictly for relaxing. No loud music by the pool, no pool games or anything.
    Speaking of the pool let me just say BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Plenty of shaded areas,and lots of pool space..you can swim around everywhere and never bump into anyone. Water was a decent temp. Two nice jacuzzis that could of been a lil hotter but felt good at night when it got chillier out.
    My suite this time around had a nice jacuzzi, large livingroom with plasma tv, bar, large bedroom, 2 decent size bathrooms ( one in hallway one in bedroom) and lots of closets. All marble floors and half the rooms were all windows from floor to celing with beautiful views.
    Nothing is included in rooms with suites ( like breakfast which was included in my villa stay) which annoys me but the room itself was worth staying in.
    They have a beautiful spa now which was almost done last time I was there.
    Here are som pics of rooms...

3. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I (ages 40, 41) stayed at the Hilton from July 29 to August 3. We traveled with our friends (ages 33,36) and their children (ages 5 and 9). Our expectations were very high due to all the excellent reviews that we read about this resort. The Hilton exceeded our expectations. It was outstanding!

We walked into the lobby, which was open and airy with soft, spa-type music playing in the background. Delicious and refreshing punch was available beside the desk. It was a perfect way to start a relaxing vacation! We went to the front desk and were redirected to the concierge for Hilton Honors members. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Suite (suite 524). When we entered the room, I remembered that I should ask for an odd numbered suite for the fantastic view. My husband went back down to the desk and was told that we could switch rooms the next day. It was well worth the effort. We were switched to suite 529 and the view of the pools and ocean from the balcony were MAGNIFICENT!

Our room was nice and clean with plenty of room. There was a large closet with a combination safe, iron and ironing board. There was a mini bar with enough room to place a few of your own items. The furniture looked new and was in great condition. The Hilton “sweet” beds were awesome! The pillows were perfect! The tub/shower was large and the marble vanity area was nice. The maid service was excellent. They came around a second time in the evening to see if you needed more towels and to place chocolates on your beds.

The highlight of the Hilton for our group was the pools. They were so nice, any depth of water you wanted was available. The kids enjoyed going from pool to pool. There were pools with waterfalls, a pool with sprinklers, a pool with a volleyball net and soccer goals. My personal favorite was the infinity pool over looking the ocean. There were 2 large hot tubs. Showers and restrooms were conveniently located on each side of the pools. There was a ping pong table and an area where kids (and adults) could paint ceramics and the Mexican artists would “touch up” the pieces to make them nearly perfect before taking them home. It was a fun way to spend a couple of hours. The kids had a blast. The prices were $10 to $25. Chairs and palapas were easy to find.

The beach was gorgeous! I won’t even try to describe the brilliant colors. If you got past the area where the waves were breaking it was fun to float around and jump with the waves. But getting to that point was the hard part. The water was rough and there were a lot of large rocks under the water. It was hard to get in and get out and you can easily get dragged across a rock. Last year we stayed at the top part of the seven with calm waters. I really missed that beach, but the pools at the Hilton are worth the sacrifice.

I felt that the food was seriously over-priced. We ate lunch at the poolside restaurant almost everyday. A small tub of ice cream was $6.50 US. A small pizza (under cooked), nachos, and burgers were all around $9 US. We ate at the sports bar type restaurant at the Hilton one night. The food was good, but our order was wrong and the service was slow. On other nights we ate at Chili’s (very good), The Shrimp Bucket (very good, great staff), Bubba Gump’s (excellent) and Beef Eater’s (nice atmosphere on the lagoon, decent meal, slow service). We went to Xel-Ha one day and ate 2 meals there. I wasn’t impressed with the food at all, but perhaps it was just not to my liking. I am a picky eater. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the park. We went there last year as well and feel it is a great way to spend the day.

We had planned to go to El Ray and do some other things, but once we got there it was hard to leave the resort. We stayed 5 nights and when we go back next year we definitely will stay 7. Maybe then we will have more time to do some site seeing.

Another thing worth mentioning is the ice. If you plan to take a small cooler for your drinks, get your ice early. Try to get it before 8am or you will only get a few pieces here and there. My husband went to the poolside restaurant to get some ice one day and it wasn’t a problem.

My husband played golf across the street at the Hilton Golf Course (normally $125 for guests, but discounted to $100 because they were putting sand on several of the greens). The course was in very good shape and very well groomed. There is a good bit of water running along most fairways. The only bad part was the mosquitoes were bad, we were told it was because of the standing water left over from Hurricane Emily. Since the course is across the street the bellboy will give you a ride over on a golf cart, and they will pick you up and bring you back. They will also store your clubs so you don’t have to carry them back to your room. There was different wildlife on the course; he saw a peacock, alligators, iguanas, and several types of birds. They also rent clubs and shoes if you need them. You can charge the round to your room along with anything you purchase in the pro shop or from the drink cart out on the course. Play early, it gets really HOT!!!

And lastly, bring sunscreen and USE it! I got sun poisoning on my forehead and some swelling around my eyes. (Thank goodness for my sunglasses to hide behind!). I even had a good base tan when I got there. Fortunately, there is a physician onsite (office call $60 US) at the Hilton and he saw me right away. He prescribed 3 medications and told us we could have them filled at the pharmacy or take them to the concierge. We went to the concierge and he handled everything. He called the pharmacy, arranged delivery, checked that we had the right meds and had them delivered to our room within the hour. I was totally impressed with the staff and the care that I received. Hilton will be at the top of my list forever!

Great resort, great staff, and great service! I would stay here again in a heartbeat! I’m already counting the days……

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Updated the name of the resort.

5. Muddy

Muddy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Highly recommend this hotel.

We stayed here in October 2005 (our first trip to Cancun) and liked the Hotel a lot. I found the above reviews to be accurate for the most (they helped me to choose this hotel in the first place so thanks!).

Some reviews on other boards indicated problems with this Hilton giving upgrades to Honors members. Here's my experience:

I went to check in and asked for the upgrade. The guy told me they were full but I could check tomorrow (the hotel didnt seem to be so full to me but I cant honestly say either way). He then directed me to the Honors desk to check in. I went and asked again for the upgrade. I was told I had already been upgraded to a King Delux. My reservation was for a King Delux but I wanted to make sure before I pressed the point. The next day I checked and my reservation was indeed for a King Delux so I hadnt been upgraded at all. I call the desk and explained this and they offered to upgrade me to a Junior Villa. I checked out the Junior Villa, but honestly the only difference between it and the King Delux was an extra bathroom sink ... not enough to warrant the hassle of moving ... besides I had a better view in the King Delux room.

Im not really complaining about the upgrade issue (it isnt really that important to me). We really liked this hotel a lot. Service was outstanding. The busses arent really convenient as you have to cross two lanes of traffic and a wide medium when returning to the hotel (though this might be the case with all hotels in the area).

Try to get one of the odd numbered rooms overlooking the pools/beach ...very nice!

Highly recommend this hotel.

6. osumom

osumom Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just back from the Hilton and the Moon Palace. The Hilton was beautiful!
    I just wanted to add also that this was the first time we stayed in Cancun. We always have stayed south near Playa Del Carmen, Playacar, etc... We ventured on the bus for dinner which was concerning but fun. Hold on for your life!!! ha! :lol:

http://www.shockwave.com/rd/photojam4/?3897681/1169259901066_434

7. brapat26

brapat26 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are staying at the Hilton in October and was just informed it is very far away from the clubs and downtown...I assume this is accurate information. My question is do the rooms have fridges and microwaves so we can buy food for breakfast to store there and cook? If not, do any hotels have such a thing? (p.s. we are just in the standard room, I believe)

8. Weemsie

Weemsie Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Topless?

Does the Hilton allow topless sunbathing?

9. Dangers

Dangers Enthusiast Registered Member

In a Little Cafe on the Other Side of the Border
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a FYI on the Hilton Cancun (sold to Iberostar)

Just a FYI on the Hilton Cancun (sold to Iberostar)

The Hilton Cancun based on reports going back earlier this year (2011) has been sold to the Iberostar Hotel Group and is set to be closed as of August 15, 2011.

The Hotel is slated for a re-flagging and re-opening on December 1, 2011 as the Iberostar Cancun after alterations, re-staffing and management changes.

Add the Hilton Cancun to the list of things in Cancun that aren't there anymore...at least not as a Hilton.

Camino Real...anyone?
    :wink3:

10. JasmineEvans

JasmineEvans Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There will certainly be more perks after the renovation. If only it was a bit closer to the center!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice