Hi, i'm new...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by colin, Apr 26, 2007.

1. colin

colin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm off to Cancun on the 13th of May with Mrs...

Just wanted to know how we've done on our deal and some general info.

paid just over £1000 each for 2 weeks all inclusive, staying at the Barcelo Tucancun.

All transfers, in-flight meals and insurance is included...

Also, my Mrs is hell-bent on swimming with dolphins, whats the best place in the whole of Mexico... ? Although we're staying in Cancun, we don't mind travelling. Wheteher it be an included transfer, or driving...

Which leads me on to my next question, car-hire... How much am I looking to be spending for 2 weeks car-hire, not bothered about the model, aslong as it don't break down etc etc...

Oh, lastly... As we're coming from london, it's going to be one nasty flight, and the longest we've ever been on. Any tips, vallium ?

cheers . . .

2. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome :!: :!: :D :D

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome!

I'll move this to the Cancun Info Forum.

4. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My 2 cents

I'll chime in on a couple of your points.

First, I wouldnt rent a car. The bus system is very good and very cheap. If you plan on spending most of your time in the hotel zone and even some downtown, the bus is the way to go. Plus there's no place to park.

We've not done the dolphin swim however ther are many locations. Some offer a package deal with transportation in a first class motorcoach. Consider the Eco-park Xel Ha. They have the dolphins. The tour we did included transportation, 1/2 day at Tulum and 1/2 day at the park. AI food and beverages and snorkle eqpt. It was a long and very enjoyable day.

Also spend a day in Isla Mujeres. Rent a golf cart and explore the whole island. The have dolphins there too. I guarantee you will want to go back.
    There are alot of Isla threads, just do a search.

This site can answere any questions you have.

ENJOY :lol:

Jimmy

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome!

1. Sounds like you got a good deal on the trip package.

2. As far as swimming with the dolphins...... I wont go into lecture mode, but I strongly disagree with it so I dont have any recommendations for you as to where to go.

3. Car rental.... Cancun has a great public transport system with busses running day and night in the hotel zone. They cost only 6.5 pesos per trip. If you are going to be doing a lot of exploring outside of Cancun a car would be helpful. Otherwise it would be more of a hassle than help. For a rental company, I am using http://www.cancunrentacar.com/ on my upcoming trip. They have good rates with all the insurance with zero deductible included in their rates. For a regular car I am paying about 50 USD per day.

Hope that helps you out some

6. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I highly recommend Dolphin Discovery @ Isla Mujeres for your Dolphin Swim

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This is not a shameless plug as I do not own this website, however you can purchase tours to most/all of the dolphin encounter venues in the area through CancunCare:
    http://www.swim-dolphins-cancun.com/

8. jaynebod

jaynebod Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can agree with what yam yam man said I have swum with the dolphins at dolphin discovery absolutely fantastic
    The dolphins are in the open sea with you they do all the tricks and lifts and rides and guess what one kissed me
    This was a couple of years back the cost was about £100
    which includes photos of the trip

9. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with everyone else. I suggest the dolphin discovery swim on isla mujeres. I did it a couple of years ago it was a highlight of my trip.

Katie

PS No need to rent a car if you are staying in Cancun. I agree the buses work very well. And if you want to go out of the zone, maybe consider a tour.

10. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having travelled to Cancun for over 10 years now, I agree with the rest, if you plan on staying primarily in Cancun, I would NOT rent a car, it's more hassle than it's worth, unless you have someone in your party who is mobility challanged. The hotel zone is one street and it's easy to get where your going via the bus. Parking exists, but if you don't already know Cancun, you may not be able to find a place to park legally.

If you plan on venturing outside of Cancun, then a car is MUCH more valuable to you. It keeps you on your own schedule and things can be MUCH more cheaper than doing "tours" with a group. I'd just rent for the days you plan on venturing outside of Cancun.

As for swimining with Dolfins, I cannot remmemend a place for you as I'm a certified diver and also have "issues" with it.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice