Hi !!! first post & a couple questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CURO, Feb 27, 2008.

1. CURO

CURO Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, everyone. First let me say what a wonderful site this is. You guys are awesome providing the info that you do! We’re heading down from Canada March 25th – April 1st staying at the Oasis Cancun. This is the second trip to Cancun for us. I believe that most of the spring breakers should be gone by then. Am I correct assuming that? I don’t mind some people but waiting in line for food, drinks etc is not exactly fun.

Also, what’s the best way to make a call back home to Canada? Last time we were at the Oasis - both a calling card purchased at the airport and a calling card from our phone company would not work. Perhaps it was the payphones at the Oasis that were the problem. Has anybody tried using their cell phone, text message etc in Cancun? Anyway, if you guys wouldn’t mind sharing your thoughts that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

2. fishing_magician

fishing_magician Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it has to be the phones where you were

we usually have bought the phone cards at the resort and work just fine. We are talking about the palaces though. The time frame you are going is the public school spring break here in the states. A lot of parents are dragging the teenie boppers down for senior trips. So, there will be lines.... Unless you go to a AI down near playa del carmen adn get away from them.

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    spring break goes all through March and into early April

not as packed as early/mid march, but still very busy.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    One option you might want to consider is renting a cellphone with http://www.cancunvalet.com they'll pre program the phone with your numbers and drop it off and pick it up at your hotel. I've heard lots of people say they had International roaming enabled and then got here and found it didnt work properly.

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Valet is an excellent local outfit and run by great people. I have used their phones and never had a problem. The best part is they are real phones, dropped off at your resort and you will get better rates than by using the cards. However this is mostly true if you plan on using the phone often enough because there is a daily charge. Another however, for me, I like the security of knowing that I have a phone that works and it's worth the extra dinero, but that's just me.

The drawback to buying your phone cards at the airport is if they don't work, you have absolutely no recourse. I have purchased phone cards at the Oasis Palm Beach, it didn't work, I asked the sales clerk to get it to work, and when they could not I was given my money back.

Finally, Spring Break lasts the entire month of March, usually, but this year it should end a little early due to Easter Sunday. While there will be spring breakers there, it won't be nearly as packed as let's say, the second weekend in March.

CANCUN TOP 100
    212eric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice