Hey Roberto - Car Questions

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Dec 26, 2006.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. Is the Customs Broker used by Hyde still off of Av. Nader?

2. Did you go to Customs Broker, Banjercito and then to the port, in that order?

3. At the port, since Banjercito is no longer there, do you go to Hyde first to get the car and then more or less clear Customs in order to leave or do you have to do anything at Customs, other than get past the guards, before you go to Hyde? Could you please just give the scenario.

4. Did the Customs Broker give you a list of "things to do" so that it was idiot proof? Not meaning you, of course.

Thanks, as I know things recently changed, with Banjercito moving to Puerto Juarez, from inside the secure area at Puerto Morelos. Your update will be a great help to others.

2. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the boat comes on wed. you have to go thrusday to customs broker off nader. you pick up your original title and pay for shipping. she gives you international bill of lading and reciept. off to puerto jaurez to see erica. she takes copy of title looks at your fm3 and passport and gives you a sticker for car window. then to puerto morales. you leave passport at security gate and walk to warehouse with all your paperwork. then you wait about 2 hours until car comes out of container. then you drive to another building to see edgar he looks at paperwork checks car under hood and in trunk, puts sticker on car and off you go!!!

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Kathy,

That is the way I had it figured.

The only thing you may have left out was the dog sniffing in, under and around the car and trunk. He did not sniff under the hood though. That could be the key for you smugglers. LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice