Hey folks - looking for a job!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jensey46, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Jensey46

Jensey46 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone, I recently broke with my previous employer in search of a job that suited me and my family (have a 7 month old baby in the house :D) better, and I thought I'd drop by the trusty Cancun Care forum for either some advice or to put the word out looking for a job! I'm mid-20's, male, speak spanish and english, with sales experience here and in the states, hoping for a position doing something like teaching english (but am open to MANY other opportunities) and was wondering if y'all have any ideas or could give me the heads-up if you know someone looking to hire? Let me know, either post here or send me a PM! Take care everyone, thanks in advance!

-M

2. Jensey46

Jensey46 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doh!

Doh! No one looking or have any ideas?

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doh?

I understand that who you know is hugely important down here so I get your post. However, the traditional methods of looking for a job still exist....and that's the good 'ol newspaper. You might want to try that or try contacting some of the large tourist companies directly to find out if they are hiring. Have you even looked into timeshare?

You also didn't mention if you were fluent in Spanish. That is also a huge factor since we do live in Mexico.

Whatever the case, if you didn't receive a response here, it's probably because we don't have any leads, or those leads have been passed on to close personal friends.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most of the language schools have tight limits on the number of foreigners they can hire, but you can always go in and give it a try. The biggies are Harmon Hall, Interlingua, Berlitz and Quick Learning. Worth a shot, good luck!

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sent you a pm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice