Here We Go Again - Prodigy Speed Down AGAIN!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, May 8, 2008.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :evil: It's not quite 2:45 PM and my download speed is less than 100kbps. Anyone else having problems? I'd like to know if this is a genral fault or just me before I call the great do-nothings to let them know :mad: .

2. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my Cablemas is painfully slow today...

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My download speed is between 872 kbps and 834 kbps right now. I used DSLReports.com in Ft Worth and Speedtest.net in DF. Uploads are are 83 and 106 kbps. Sounds like it might be just you.

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I can just about match your speeds RG, but there nowhere near the 2K I'm paying for. Tests seem to show a bog down at Prodigy's US based router, for a change.

Does anyone know of an alternative to TelMex that routes to a different backbone?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    So, some things never change :) Having endured the last 3 weeks on pay per minute, 56K dial up back in the UK I think a return to Prodigy will be a refreshing change for me.

Then again, I look at the deals I could get here if I subscribed for 12 months: 8Mb Internet, Sky TV, and free local calls all for $30 a month. In Mexico I currently pay $60 for Sky plus $60 for Internet plus phone which normally runs another $40 - $60 and we hardly use it.

Makes you (well, me) wonder if living in the UK is really that bad after all.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not that bad in the U.K. Steve and you know it. On the other hand we have nice weather here...

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At 5:30 AM you can see how once you cross the border, speed takes a nosedive, and even when you are routing internally in Mexico, the assymetric part of ADSL is way out of whack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice