Help...Passport Question??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by pookinport, Jul 22, 2008.

1. pookinport

pookinport Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are leaving for Cancun in 2 days. I just pulled out our passports and my husband's expires on Aug 4, 2008. Our travel dates are July 24 -31. He travels all the time to Europe and Asia and I didn't even think to check the expiration date. I know some countries require passports to be valid for 3 to 6 months beyond the dates of travel. I have checked the US State Dept website and entrance/exit requirements to Mexico and cannot find anything other than a valid passport is required. Has anyone encountered this situation?

TIA!! :roll:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've always understood that a passport needs to have 6 months left on it from the date of entry into Mexico..... presumably because 6 months is the maximum length of an FMT (Tourist Permit).

I dont know how strictly enforced this is.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I found this:
    It's from:
    http://www.mexperience.com/guide/essentials/entry_req.htm#ReqTourists

4. pookinport

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for the info!!

I guess we'll just have to take our chances. We will be a family of four (2 adults/2 kids) traveling together. The rest of us all have valid passports that won't expire for many years. Maybe they will take pity on us and let him in. All I know is that my passport is good and I'm goin to Cancun. I would feel terrible if my husband had to stay behind.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just spoke with a Mexican immigration agent. You shouldn't have any problem. As long as the passport is valid when your husband enters Mexico he should be allowed in the country.

6. pookinport

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RiverGirl,

Thanks so much! I'm feeling a little better about the situation. I guess we will find out soon enough. I'll let you know what happened when we get back.

Cancun here we come...

:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice