HELP! NEED STITCHES REMOVED

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Mojito, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My parents are leaving THURSDAY to spend a month in our condo in the Hotel Zone in Cancun. Well, today, while out in a foot of snow, cleaning gutters, my dad fell and had to have stitches on his forehead. They need to be removed next week in Cancun. Can someone recommend a place my father can go to have them removed that is in the Hotel Zone. If there is no place in the hotel zone, I recall seeing a clinic next to the Chedraui - would he be able to have them removed there? Thanks guys!

2. BritPip

BritPip Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi - my son's father is a doctor and has an office in one of the hotels in the hotel zone. I can check with him and see if this is something he could do.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I'm sure Pips contact can help, it's a fairly simple procedure. I dont personally know of any places in the Hotel Zone, although I am sure they exist.

If your father does need to visit a hospital down town then Gallenia or Hospiten are the ones I would recommend.

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Get a new nail clipper (or a small scissors) and a tweezer and do it yourself, I have taken my own out of my forehead. Just pull the suture out a little and get the nail clipper under the knot and squeeze.

5. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Believe me GONZO... it's crossed his mind! :lol:

That's what scares me... you know Murphy's Law!

6. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had my 7 year old son remove 40 stitches from my arm about 12 years ago. A small scissor, a tweezer, and some alcohol (of the rubbing variety) were all that was required.

7. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    stitches

I had the same problem several years ago. My doctor knew I'd be in Mexico when it was time for the stitches to come out and he told me to do exactly what some other posters said....take them out with manicure scissors. My options were to either remove my stitches on my own, or not get in the pool for my entire vacation. Obviously I chose to remove the stitches. It didn't hurt and it was easy to do.

8. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone....maybe that is the answer! :wink:

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Listen to Susan, it really is no problem and probably worth about 50 dollars of margaritas!! :lol:

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the time they need to come out you want to rip em out anyways.

Ask my chihauhau. He ended up taking his stitches out on his own too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice