Hedo Review July 2019

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Cheers2US, Aug 14, 2019.

1. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    We have been to Hedo, during a takeover and while fun, it’s no where near as good as Temptation...for many of the reasons said above.

2. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    I asked my husband last night which resort he preferred: Hedo or TTR.

Context:
    We've been to Hedo 4x: Wild Women's Vacation -2014, Fluffernutters February -2015, Young Swinger's Week March -2016 & 2017.
    TTR: February 2019 and almost immediately rebooked for November 2019.
    Hedo rebook: March 2020 YSW.

Pretty excited to do TTR proper this time: Boobs Cruise November 4 and staying in the tower which means possible interesting views and Sky Bar access.

His answer? I'll let you know after we revisit each of them.

3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    The thing I don't get about Hedo is that you *have* to be in a group to have a good time. The resort is not organized enough to keep their guests entertained. I get that groups are fun and provide an extra punch, but why should it be a necessity? I've been to Desire and Temptation several times, all without groups or takeovers and I've always had a wonderful time because the resorts do a great job and have their act together.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Another thing I forgot to mention about Hedo: almost all the guests were American. A couple or two from Canada and maybe a handful of people from Jamaica, but that was it. Basically 90% American. A fun thing I love about Cancun is meeting people from all over the world. At Temptation and Desire, we've met folks from Germany, Ireland, Great Britain, France, Mexico, Central America (forgot which countries), Saudi Arabia, Israel, Korea, India, Australia and of course, Canada.

The entertainment staff at Hedo is also 100% Jamaican. Not saying this is good or bad, but just different from what I've seen in Cancun/Riviera Maya, where the staff is mostly international.

5. Cinnamonflixxx

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    I have definitely had fun with people who were not part of a group or not part of the group on my trips. Being part of a group is not a necessity but it does help ensure a party (if you pick a good group). Sometimes, on a good night there are multiple happening scenes which can be pretty fun!
    It really depends on the scene you're looking for. Some people like to scuba dive in the morning and then day party so the nights don't matter for them. Realistically, I haven't been enough times or enough different times to be an expert on what the scene is like. I have heard that Hedo in the summer is terrible. And I must acknowledge that if it's good at TTR and Desire no matter when you go, that's a big win for those resorts.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  6. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    We've been to TTR probably 10 times, our 3rd trip to Desire is booked for November and we've been to Hedo once with no plan to ever return. We agree with everything in that trip report. The night life was horrible...non existent and unless you are with a group it is very difficult to mingle.

7. Cinnamonflixxx

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Just as a service to anyone who has Hedo on their bucket list, can you tell us when you went so people can avoid that time?

I guess I lucked out in 4 trips I only experienced 2 nights that were total deadsville boring. Fluffernutters was amazing entertainment-wise (including putting up a big stage on the beach where a great reggae band performed and also did some solid funk and rock covers) but there were very few people under 45... YSW is action packed but expensive and very specifically oriented towards swingers under 45.

Desire is definitely on our bucket list. A lot of people refer to going to TTR to party and then Desire to chill out. Does that mean there isn't much of a party at Desire?

8. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    We went to Hedo in March 2013 and not with a group. If you're going with a group I guess any time is great because you'll have your own friends to hang with and events to attend. It's just shitty that the resort is mostly private groups/takeovers and doesn't have their own entertainment for those that don't go with a group.
    As for Desire, it is a completely different atmosphere than TTR, not better, not worse. It really depends on what you are looking for. After about 10 trips to TTR, we prefer Desire since TTR reopened after its renovation. Lots of people split their trip and party hard at TTR then go to Desire to chill for a few days before heading home. We did that once and felt like we missed out on so much at Desire by going that route. Every day is fun and every night is a party at Desire, anyone that says otherwise, is just there to chill and chooses to do that instead. Basically TTR is adult spring break, most days and nights are a blur from drinking and partying. At Desire, day time is more social/casual drinks and not a blur lol There is a pool DJ but it's not as loud and you can get to talk to people easier without having to scream at them over the music. There is so much fun to be had at Desire, whether you are in the lifestyle or not. The PDA with your partner, or openly with others. It's a great place to knock some things of your fantasy list that's for sure. The play room is amazing! The resort is smaller than TTR and it's very easy to "fit in" and mingle because of that.

9. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I agree with this post 110%: Hedo is no fun without a group, and that's a shame. Desire is a whole lot of fun & sexiness. Temptation is a great party vibe, too, but I think it was better in many ways, more fun, more frisky before the renovation.

I won't do Hedo again, but we are contemplating another Desire trip in the winter. If you haven't checked out Richard and Lauren's massage classes, please consider it! It's a great workshop.

10. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    We have been to Hedo 4 or 5 times, (only with groups, not that we knew anyone really) both in winter and summer. Were repeaters to TTR before the redo 5 or 6 times. Have been to Desires RM and Pearl about 3 times each. Was never disappointed at any of the resorts, it depends what you are looking for in a vacation at the time. So far we are not impressed with the concrete set up of the new TTR, but returning to this year to give it another go. The above two posts were spot on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice