Heard a nasty rumor I'm working to verify.....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jamie, Sep 11, 2011.

1. chevitz1

chevitz1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, keep it open. It's not negative at all towards Chinos. It's all support for him. Yes, lots of speculation but the thing that is in common across the thread is that everyone hopes all is well with him and he's back soon.

2. cheifboy

cheifboy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    quit yanking so hard and it will dipo and to here chino is back will make my day better

3. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    :xyxthumbs: it would really make mine to hear he is back, and happy with it!! if not i hope he finds what he is looking for.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I'm all for keeping it open and for all the reason stated above.

Just would like to keep the guessing and speculation as to why to a minimum or not at all. If it is a personal or medical reason, people guessing at it here is very intrusive to someone as private as Chinos is. That's my only point.

If we're looking for more indication to management that we love Chinos and hope for his rapid return count mine here. I would love it for management to do whatever is necessary to expedite the return of Chinos to poolside at TTR.

Jamie

5. Docnnurse

Docnnurse Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    All for Chinos and Stacy back raise there right hand and say I!!

I have been to the resort so many times and unfortunately been without Chinos quite a few. With him gone to Cabo etc. Have to say it really sucked the big one. Had a few where he was gone the first few days and he was back the last few. I will say we have the best friends in the world at TTR but Chinos adds that fuel to the fire in the back ground. The repeaters I think will know what I mean. Just that extra spice. Actually have an appointment this Friday for another tattoo and will be thinking of him the whole time. Wish he would be there Halloween to see it. Keep this thread going to know how we all love him and to know how administration at TTR know how much his abscence will really hurt the place with repeaters.

Tina

AKA Nurse

6. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    I love Chinos but I am not sure that this thread is respecting him. I just wish him well and I hope he comes back.

7. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Anyone that has been a long time repeater to the resort knows how important Chinos is to the atmosphere that is at Temptations. Sure all the people you meet are great and everything. But over the last 12+ years they've only had about 3 people on the entertainment staff that could really effect the whole resort atmosphere. Simply the best has always been Chinos.

I've always wondered if the family that owns the resort really realizes just how important Chinos has been to there success. For the job field he is in you rarely if ever find someone that has been so influential in the success of a resort.

I hope for not only the resorts sake but for all us long time repeaters that have become friends with Chinos and enjoy him everyday while on vacation he comes back.

P.S.: I got to say I'm actually quite worried about the long term success of the resort if Chinos never comes back and they lose that great atmoshpere or it turns to something else. Lets be honest the resort is one of the oldest in Cancun(though updated many times), doesn't have a great beach, has a questionable stigma about it in certain circles, and is a little ways out of the loop. I've always been told they have one of the highest repeat guest percentage in Caribbean. Well the biggest reason seems to be the atmosphere of the resort. Chinos has been a huge part of that forever it seems (along with a few other greats). I can honestly say if the atmosphere changes chances are I won't be back. For the same money I can stay at a much better all around resort. Oh and the jack off that filed the lawsuit.....really this is just sad, grow up and stop looking for a free handout.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Threads like this are always hard to deal with. I basically have 3 options:

1. Delete the thread entirely when it first starts.

If I did I'd get accused of covering up, censorship, not letting the truth be known. Plus have to fend off PM's and emails and ensure that any other similar thread gets deleted as soon as it appears, as it surely would.

Not my style at all.

I haven't really counted but I'd bet for every 'negative thread' (I dont really see this as negative against the hotel although some may, just truthful) there are a thousand positive threads here about Temptation. Many people at cancuncare.com go back to TTR year after year because of the people they met through this forum, not purely because of the Ents. staff working there at the time. I would be doing those and others a disservice if I tried to cover up or censor anything that may influence their choice to return again.

2. Lock the thread if it crosses the line of respect for the people it refers to on a personal level.

I don't think it has so far. By it's very nature it is personal to Chinos. He knows how to contact me and if he feels it is too much I'll lock it up and we'll all move on. All discussions have been polite and reasoned - some have been a little speculative but that is the nature of this kind of situation. I think it right that discussions are allowed until I'm told otherwise from the person who the discussions are about.

3. Let the thread continue as far as it goes before it becomes old news and people stop commenting. Thread drops down to the second page and we all carry on.

This is how I prefer things to be. Fact is Chinos is no longer working at the hotel, people need to know that because it may influence their decision to return. At the end of the day it doesnt really matter whether he was fired or took a break. The message is that Chinos is not there at the present time and if his presence at TTR is a criteria your vacation was based upon it's something people here should know about.

9. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    All very reasonable Steve, I agree I don't see any problems with the thread either. Since no one knows the exact reason he isn't at the hotel anymore, or someone knows and isn't letting on then it gets left a mystery.

Most of us have been let go from jobs in the past, we all find a new one at some point. If he was let go somewhere else will pick him up, assuming that is what he wants to happen. The internet is too porous to keep a secret like this for too long, if he was let go and wanted it to be known either he or someone he's close to would find a way to make a post about it, here, on facebook or whatnot.

I just hope whatever he is doing right now is something that makes or keeps him happy. He's worked hard for years to keep a lot of people happy and engaged on their vacations to BBG/TTR, so he deserves some good karma.

So no more speculation from me. I'd be more than happy to see him again there, but if that isn't in the cards then I hope whoever fills his shoes understands they have a hard job to fill!

10. j3

j3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Very well said!!!! We hope the best for him and a big THANK YOU for some of the best vacations we have ever had.Chinos if you read this I am not going to tell you goodbye as you have told us when we were leaving see you next time!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice