Health food

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancun Fun, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I know how to use Google! Our gas company can't find my house each time I order gas, so there is NO way to order anything even if they do ship to Cancun WITHOUT charging an arm or leg. I have lived in Cancun full-time for over 7 years. So when I ask where I can buy something on the living in Cancun forum then you can be 100% sure that I am talking about a local place to walk into and purchase something not a Google searchstring...but thanks for trying!

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Another brilliant solution from the idea guy...any clue where to get the root or are you gonna just Google it again?

3. limejello

limejello Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Out of curiosity, has any one seen agave nectar anywhere in Cancun? When I lived in Merida in late 2009, I couldn't find it anywhere. This is also a long-shot, but what about nutritional yeast?

I'm going through my cookbooks now to find vegan recipes that will be somewhat easy to make and the ingredients won't be impossible to find. I hope to transition to at least SOME of my old favorite recipes, as long as I'll be able to find the ingredients.

4. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Fun: Went to Vegan Planet Monday for lunch... OMG, loved it! Had a "spirulimon" drink and a falafel salad. The salad was HUGE and all in all, the entire lunch cost me 100 pesos :)

Some call it expensive, but for the nutrition you get, Id call it "perfect".

Ps. "Healthy food is costly but being sick is more expensive" ;)

6. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tell people the same thing all the time. Also, eating healthy is NOT easy and convenient as eating unhealthy but so worth it!

7. limejello

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, wow! Thanks, Cancun Fun! At least I know that if I can't find something in Merida, I can surely swing a trip to Cancun and buy in bulk. I remember being very disappointed in Nutrisa stores when I lived in Merida, but I decided to check out their webpage and see if anything had changed. Keeping in mind that they are really touting themselves as a "natural" foods store, their store brand cereal contains aspartame. Really?

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chedraui at Plaza Las Americas Often has agave syrup, as does CIM stores at both Market 23 and Plaza Nichupte.

I try to "import" in the Agave Raw when I can. Since I have a good inventory I have not checked to see who sells the Nectar and who sells the Syrup. Cancun Fun will know the difference.

9. limejello

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know where I could find dates (the fruit) in Cancun (or Merida)?

10. lemondecancun

lemondecancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi cancun fun,

i have the following healthy products for sell if anyone needs them:

hemp powder, hemp seeds, spirulina powder, chlorella powder, wheatgrass powder, powdered stevia leaf, organic stevia extract, raw 100% organic cold pressed coconut oil, activated charcoal powder, edible bentonite clay, 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide, wheatgrass growing kits, lightly ozonated coconut oil, fully ozonated oilve oil, mms, brand new excalibur 9 tray food dehydrator with non stick sheets and a brand new personal ozone generator with many accessories.

i moved here from san diego in 2003 and it took me years to figure out how to import things so i know how trying and frustrating it can be. i'll be glad to sell anything on the list to anyone who needs it as i am planning a trip to europe in january 2013 so i don't want to put it all in storage. likewise, i can help anyone import anything legally as well. please pm me for details.

thanks steve for making such an awesome forum to connect and help people.

:aktion030:

shanon

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice