Has visiting Mexico changed your opinion of a wall

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Jon&CJ, Mar 4, 2016.

1. krimmer2

krimmer2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0

unfortunatley thats not true....its called europe and hopefully we are just about to get out of it and then we will have the english channel as our wall and hopefully block up the chunnel as well:wave:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Couldnt agree more. I'll be voting out.

3. Southerncpl

Southerncpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good points - I agree 100% on legal immigration being the path. I would dispute the 99+% figure though - I think at least 50% of the people I know have a lawncare company, gardener, or periodic maid and I'm by no means wealthy.

4. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    I love Mexico.........and the people there. Their work ethic is the best I have seen. I support legal immigration 100%, but am vehemently opposed to illegals immigration. The US can't take care of its own citizens as it is!

No haters here.....just an opinion.

PEACE

5. rvc

rvc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    exactly.....why go after the immigrant who only wants a better life for themselves and WILLING to do the jobs other americans wont.....and if you lost out on a job to an immigrant.....whats that say about you??......also, why not penalize the employer for hiring them??. Wouldnt that fix the whole problem?

6. Jeremy&Julia

Jeremy&Julia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    What a lot of people don't understand is that if an illegal immigrant falsified their identity to work they do pay taxes but they will never get a tax return. They put their money into social security tax but can never collect it back. Then they spend money into the local economy to live.
    If they're illegal & get paid under the table it is the employer who is not only enabling but also breaking the law. We have bigger problems in our country right now in my opinion.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    On the O/P.... Nope, my opinion of the wall is the same as it was before I voted for Trump. I think it's a dumb ass idea, won't work, will cost too much to put up and maintain and will not be effective anyway... I could go on.

8. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    Mexico has a "wall" at the border with Ecuador. And what about that Marine who was captured that was in Mexico "illegally"? You can't cross borders in most counties without passing thru some kind of checkpoint. I have no problem with ANYONE coming to the US as long as it's done legally according to the Constitution. I don't think most people do, and stealing our jobs is a big farce. We lose more jobs because of companies moving to Mexico than we do to Mexicans coming here. Just do it according to the law. Proceed to the wall, present your documents, pass thru, work.
    It's obvious that we all form our opinions from what we observe and experience. What I've seen in my part of the country is that the immigrants, legal or otherwise, live 18-20 in single family homes, work their asses off, send their money home to Mexico. Many have no driver's license, they can't buy anything major as they can't finance it here in the US. They are not a boon to the economy, but they do provide much needed services and they seem to do the best job.
    One more thing, this wall, physical or otherwise isn't intended only to keep Mexicans out of the US but also to keep other bad guys out who would use the border with Mexico as an entry point.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice