Has Anyone Returned To The Us Since New Testing Requirements Began?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Texas T T's, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    We just returned last week on the 17th, Testing was a breeze it was set up when we checked in. We went down to the testing room had to wear a mask in there BTW and they filled out some basic info then the Dr did the whole swab in one side of your nose. 15 mins later we got a email with the results negative of course and then we went to the concierge desk they printed the results we took them back into the Dr she signed the bottom of each paper. Pretty simple. I want to give TTR credit they have made the process pretty easy. When we got to the airport Delta Airlines checked the paperwork at the counter where we got our boarding pass on a side note they really didn't look too closely at the paperwork. It was busy but I dont now. That was the only time we had to show the test results. We landed into Detroit and went through customs it was super quick they did not ask for anything but our passports of course. We never seen anyone there in the 6 days we stayed at TTR that had positive results. There was some guest wearing mask but not many. The staff all wore mask and wear very clean and careful. It was nice to put the mask away and enjoy vacation. We had to break them out for the ferry ride to the Isle and when we went through the ferry station other then that we didn't wear them. BTW The tested us 1 day before we departed.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Has anyone gotten a letter from your doctor saying you have recovered from Covid in past 90 days? If so, did you still have to take test down there or just present the letter at airline check in when you left Mexico? I got the letter today from my doctor but didn’t know if anything needed to be done while down at TTR?? Any help appreciated...

3. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    I got the letter from my Doc before my Feb trip. My plan was to use it as a back up plan at the airport if I tested positive at the resort. I got the test that the resort was giving because I was curious as to how it would come back. I was right at the end of my 90 day window from when I tested positive but wasn't overly concerned because I knew I still had antibodies. I also new I would have to test there for my April trip before I flew home so wanted to get a feel for how they were handling it. FYI everyone I knew or talked to that was there in Feb. tested negative. See you in the pool.

4. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Good info. My wife definitely has to take the test. I think I will too and keep the recovery letter in my back pocket unless it’s needed.

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Our update concerning our experience returning from DRM this past Friday, March 5...

Our DRM reservation was from Feb. 24 through Mar. 5, paid for primarily with the "refund," (really more like a credit) for the money we'd pre-paid for the Greek Islands Cruise (cancelled for Sept. 2020).

I'd been reading the threads here at CCC concerning other folks' experiences, what they'd heard, etc with interest, as the situation seemed... fluid. It still is a bit, apparently, as you'll read below. I believe that, on top of what the CDC recs are putting out there and the various agencies are mandating as the "minimum level," each individual airline is reacting to and implementing their own versions of these same protocols. As long as they do the minimum required, they're good, though some are a bit above & beyond.

When we arrived at the Cancun airport on our way down, everyone was wearing masks, of course, although there wasn't really any attention seemed to be being paid to social distance... although the airport had distancing "markers" set out on the floors in various queueing locations. We flew down on Southwest Airlines, and we noted a sign telling us to login to a particular spot on the SW website so as to get set up for the departure. So, you are supposed to poke the website into your phone, create a "new" login/password, and then when you are ready to leave you'll use that to create the "Attestation" form required to go with your negative COVID test, saying you took it on such and such day and time and you were negative. All online, apparently.

Then we headed off to DRM via USA Transfers. When we got there we distracted our butler with our "Hey, how are you doing?" banter as we arrived, so we messed up their flow of getting people scheduled for their pre-departure COVID test there at DRM (complimentary as stated elsewhere if you are staying at least 3 nights) right as you arrive. You still do the step into the little tough of antiseptic/cleaner for your shoes, then out of that into a 2nd trough of just wanter I think, and then you go inside to check in. Staff wearing masks, everywhere, even entertainment staff. Well, sort of. We lost track of how many times we saw one of them with it not being worn "properly" over both nose and mouth. It ended up being funny. I mean, there's all these guests there, nobody wearing masks, and the staff are all having to.... so I guess "mask discipline" is wearing down, or thin, or whatever.

We reminded our butler a couple days later and they got us scheduled for Wednesday, when we were leaving on Friday. Went to a little room, set back sort of by the spa. Locked access, had to get fully clothed and wear shoes and mask, go in and do the nose swab, test results to be delivered to phone within 24 hours. It took less than 2. Get those printed out (we just asked our butler, who had offered to do that) and we had our print-outs. We were a bit concerned that we didn't have physical Attestation forms, but apparently that's handled in different ways by different airlines as mentioned above.

Friday we had our shuttle back to the airport, did the check-in, they checked to see if we had our Attestation forms done, which we did. Stacia brought hers up on her phone, but they couldn't find it in their system, so she had to do it again on paper... We didn't understand that, but apparently if it's not on their system, even if you got the email, you don't get on the plane. Went up to security... and things got weird. "Do you have your COVID questionnaire?" the securoity team person was calling out. "Get your COVID questionnaire so you may pass security." So, we get the COVID questionnaire, which was printed on 1/4 of a standard letter-size piece of paper, the usual, same list of questions everyone's been being asked for the past year? "Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive in the last two weeks?" "Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: ..." etc etc etc. So, we fill out the two of those, show that we've completed them to the lady, who did NOT take them, nor did she really do anything other than to see if there was some writing on them, and waved us through. And nobody ever collected them. We've still got them. Weirdest thing.

Anyway, negative tests, attestatuion form, and on the plane we went and bavck home we got. Fun trip.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Fitcouple

Fitcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    This may have been answered in previous replies but I didn’t see it. Are we required to test at the resort or can we show proof from across the street or another site in town?

7. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 1
    You can test anywhere you chose. Just need to show negative.

8. Troy and Kate

Troy and Kate Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    My wife and I just used the doctor letter. Make sure you have your positive test result too, bc they asked for it at the airport. We opted not to get the test at the hotel bc we didn’t want to be locked down if we were one of the few who tested positive. No problems though, and I think we were like 85 days since our positive test

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  9. RandAsexy

RandAsexy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Okay a month in has a positive happened??

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Had a phone interview this afternoon with a reporter from TheDailyBeast.com, a big online news site out of New York.

She's doing a piece on adult-style parties picking back up and wanted to know about the Boobs Cruise, the effect Covid has/had, and how attitudes may be changing.

I'll post the link when the story is published. Hopefully positive, but you know how reporters can be.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice