harrowing shopping

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by eutiqueo, May 30, 2007.

1. eutiqueo

eutiqueo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    for me as a vegetarian my stomach is in ill just reading about it.... :oops:

3. eutiqueo

eutiqueo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so Ana do you eat vegetable because of a religion or because is healthier that way. just curios, you don't have to reply if it makes you uncomfortable.

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nothing to do with Religon,

I do not lie the taste of meat/poultry and neither the process to buy it, cook and eat.

Coming from Spanish Parents where olive oil, jamon serrano, butiifarra negra o blanca, Alioliu,pan su tomtp: chistorra and Sobrasada are usualin a every day meal.

I reject to eat meat (poultry,frog lamb, . deer, duck or rabbit

Do nto like ti or enjoy it.

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel (and act) similarly about veal since I know a little about how that takes place. Veggies are better for you anyway, and although I'm not a vegatarian, I pretty much abstain from the red meats, and I don't believe it's hurt me any.

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I LOVE veal in France, it is so fresh, and other meats too, but not in big amounts. But here I avoid as many as possible, you are never sure about the chain of cold.... or rather I AM sure, they go out at Walmart to be displayed frozen, so they unfreeze, then what... I also saw that they shamelessly change the expiration dates.

The eggs are sometimes warm... they have obviously been kept in cold!

So I become a vegetarian and almonds/peanuts eater :roll:

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I barely eat any meat. I was a complete vegetarian for 11 years, and then decided it was easier when I was traveling if I ate some fish and poultry. Now I eat a tiny bit of meat occasionally, mostly in restaurants.

Cancun sucks for vegetarians, the restaurants aren't terribly good in the first place, and if you are a vegetarian you have few choices.

Veal is terribly unethical to eat, it's a pure torture meat, the veal calves never have any time at all eating or living normally before they are killed. At least a grown cow has a life before they shoot it in the head and butcher it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice