Hard Drive Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by EnglishGaz, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had seen that We recover data had phone numbers only in US and Canada, but I didn't go deep down in their site. At least they give some info about themselves. Maybe they have a rep here, who is good enough :lol:

As for the other one... "we are the best" :lol: Cancun anthem!

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a program called SpinRite that works wonders IF the drive still spins up and is recognized by the computer.

If it doesn't make any sound, then the motor or some circuitry connecting to the motor is kaput. There are places in the states, that will open them up and replace the motors and control chips without damaging the disks, so that the data on the platters can be read once more, but I know of no service here that can do it.

Moral of the story is, if you cant live without it, back it up.

Edit: One other thought, you said it was an external drive. Have you checked to make sure that the power adapter is working. Or have you taken the drive out of the external case and put it directly into a computer to ensure that it is not just a failure of the external case components?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice