Haircut in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Alma Libre, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It happened. I knew it would happen eventually, but until it happens to you, it never seems as serious as it is.

It took me 3 years to find someone I could trust to cut my hair here in Mexico. I tried many and sported many bad "do's" until I finally found Soko and Dorian's at Plaza Los Americas in Cancun. She was wonderful and she tolerated my poor espanol.

Now, after a long summer away in Canada, they told me the unthinkable, Soko doesn't work here anymore.

Now I have to find someone new to cut my lid. I am by no means demanding. I'm a guy. I just ask for a straight and simple cut. Just don't make me look like I cut it myself with a weed whacker and a broken mirror.

Any ideas? Fellas, where do you get your hair cut?

Gracias, Rob

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I hate to admit this but I usually get my hair cut at Walmart :oops: Either that or I have a party and ask Deana to bring her clippers.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rob,
    We use the little place outside of Soriana, I think it's called "The Beauty Center". I think it's about 100 pesos for a cut. For something more upscale, try Joss Claude across from Plaza las Americas.

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why not come to Lombardo Toledano, my auntie in law owns a hairdressing and beauty shop and is very friendly, trustworthy and good at cutting hair, very good prices too, charges me 50 pesos and i think my wife gets a manicure for that price too. Let me know if interested and i'll get you more info

5. cangrincungo

cangrincungo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jasmine

You should try Jasmine which is on the little road between the Plaza de Toros and Av Tulum. Across the street from the dirt lot behind Plaza Las Americas where they sell used cars. Ask for Gustavo. He does a great job.

6. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your help ya'll. Looking forward to a better lid.

SamCancun, is your MIL's place difficult to find?

7. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not really, just head down Ave Portillo Lopez as if you were going towards Punta Sam/The Port (you will see a big tower/restaurant thing, bit like a lighthouse at the end of the road), well about 2 minutes (in a car) before the restaturant you will see a cablemas shop on your left, that is Lombardo Toledano, head down past the cablemas shop (with it on your right) and the hairdressers is 20 meteres down the sixth turning on the right and it's called Estetica Visage, there's always car engines and beetle parts infront of the house next to it. On the left before you turn is a shop called Aborotes "Pepe". if you send me a PM i'll give you my phone number incase you get lost.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice