Haggling With Front Desk

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by hotfitcpl, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    "How far can the tip get you" :p

Yes... I am fucking hilarious.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    That is a great price by the way.... I guess dependent on those additional taxes

3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    @Jen&Kyle
    I was going to ask about this, actually. I use third party sites (HotelsCombined, Trivago, etc) which found me a bargain trendy garden view room for $240USD/night

I booked and hopefully can negotiate an upgrade to the Bash tower once I get there. Any suggestions on how much I should ask?

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    It says there is a possibility of additional fees and taxes. Not that there will absolutely be. We've booked almost all of our TTR trips through third party online agents without any problems,or extra fees.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yep so have we. We have never had to pay an extra fee but have also never been warned that there may be.

6. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Wait, I think I know the answer... It all depends how big the tip is.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So what they will likely do is say well our rate for a bash tower room is, this is for example purposes, $430 and we see you paid $240 for a garden view so the price will be $190 extra a night. I usually start by nicely saying that is way too much and that I should not be punished for getting a great deal for <insert room here> in your case garden view and will counter. I would likely start at $50 a night. It may work. It may not. Depends on availability too. I am sure someone on here will say they pay less and I think there may be situations where that is possible but we really prefer the tower so are less willing to risk them not wanting to negotiate. If they decline I usually then say well what can you do as we both know that first offer was at no discount. Sometimes I will throw in how much we love the place. How often we visit blah blah blah. We have upgraded almost every trip and all 3 to new TTR but all 3 new TTR trips we never started in a garden so different situation. At the old TTR we would always go with a garden and then upgrade to a jacuzzi room for $50 a night or Temptation suite for $75 a night.

Hope that helps

8. Flash2

Flash2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 1
    Can you shoot me your contact info for your agent? We thought we did good at $3400 for 6-nights (first week of April), round-trip/non-stop, Trendy Ocean View, transportation (plus one checked bag and insurance). Thanks!

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Prices are ever changing and need to be checked each day until you are comfortable pulling the trigger.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Doohickle

Doohickle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    we booked on redtag and for the two of us it was $3420 CAD for april 1-7, Nonstop from alberta TGV room. 2 weeks ago it was down to 3000 for a couple days then jumped to 3200 and now all thats available for similar dates are the Master Jacuzzi room at $6200...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice