H1N1 Vaccine in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Oct 22, 2009.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a note that this is a two shot deal, IMSS came back to son's school this week to jab the kids a second time. Max complained about pain in his arm for two days with this one, he wasn't a happy camper. They told us that we could not give him any medicine (ie, Motrin), he just had to suffer. :S

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Poor baby. I wasn't impressed with the girl giving the injections at the university, either, CC.

About the "no painkillers," I don't know what that could be about: are they worried about Reyes Syndrome, or something? Who knows....

3. Grace Amazing

Grace Amazing Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Awww.... thats to bad. I am fom Alberta Canada and my family got the vaccine. We all had very sore arms too, but we were told to take motrin or advil.

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some travel sights might even do fact checking! They might even get their information from reliable sources. Information is information and truth is truth (although "truth" is usually filtered through the minds and pens of both the sender and the receiver). And "sites" are NEVER only about one topic to the exclusion of others. Sometimes you do have to go through a lot of "stuff" to find the pony though! And some truth is never found because it is never looked for.

Lots of people doubt the truth of what is posted on the WHO site and other "Authority sites." Truth is found in a lot of places. Why would you NOT look everywhere for it?

"Full many a gem of purest ray serene the dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear. Full many a flower is born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the desert air." Thomas Gray

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been paid to write for both travel sites and for real estate sites...in all cases there's been emphasis on not scaring away the possible clients, even if that means not divulging the full truth. The emphasis is on marketing paradise and on making money, as you would expect.

Are these the same people who don't "believe" in global warming and get all their information from Fox News?

Read a couple of issues of SciAm and call me in the morning...

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Repeat?

Odd that they're doing this, when there is insufficient vaccine in the country to give everyone the first jab.

France ended up with a huge surplus of vaccine when their health authorities concluded, after testing, that one shot was enough to confer immunity in nearly everyone who had had them.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this stuff still going on...? :O

Feels like it was ages ago.

Dont even know of anyone personally(not here, in US, Canada, Australia nor Sweden) that has taken the shots.

The Swedish government played down the necessity of the vaccine since it was yet to be proven to be as "good" as the makers claimed...

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Vaccine in general circulation

It now appears that the H1N1 vaccine has reached the state of general availability. In Farmacias Especialidades they have it for sale in lots of ten for 1,800 pesos. Private hospitals and private practitioners will now be able to provide it, if desired.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice