H1N1 Vaccine in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Oct 22, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it here? Will it ever come here? I'm exactly the kind of person H1N1 will kill (long history of pneumonia) so I want to get the vaccine at the first opportunity. Anyone know anything?

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we saw the pediatrician last month, he said he would have it in December. So, just speculation and one doctor's word, haven't heard anything other than that.

3. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Back home in Sweden they started administrating the vaccine about a week ago(free of course), but now some 40% are refusing to inject it...

"There are too many unanswered questions" seems to be the most common statement... 1 out of 3 Government politicians are refusing as well...

Im not planning on injecting it. Dont know why, but I just hade enough of the "hype"... Cant really explain. the only times I have ever become sick from any type of flu, is when injecting vaccine...

Dont know why that is, but Im sure it has something to do with tampering with the bodies own defense?

But then again,i dont have any health problems, so Im guessing there are groups that are in direct risk.

Does anyone know if it will be free here in Mexico or if they are going to charge for it?

There are reports about scams as well(pirate and fake vaccines), so you who are planning to take it, please be careful.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a lot of misinformation floating around about this vaccine. But I am certain that I personally am at greater risk from the disease than from the vaccine.

There's some good myth debunking going on here:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/inoculation-misinformation/

I've had two flu shots in my life. After both of them I didn't contract flu for periods of more than 5 years.

No idea if the vaccine will be free to the public in Mexico. The normal flu shot is given free to government and airport workers in Mexico each year.

I'm thinking I should try to get the vaccine when I'm in the US next month, instead of waiting for it to come to Cancun.

6. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG, with a long history of pneumonia you also may want to ask about the pneumonia immunization. I had never heard of it as it seems it's usually administered to those in their sixties but with my recent problems, diagnoses and history of pneumonia too, my Doc wanted me to have one. I'll have to have another at 65 since I got it at a younger than the norm age.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CancunMole - Thanks, I will talk to my doc about it.

8. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alternatively you could just get one of these...

[​IMG]

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Um, no thanks, I'll pass. I'm not terribly vain...but I'm vain enough not to want to wear THAT.

10. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Costco told me - whilst getting a regular flu shot there. They shall be getting the Vaccine in November or December. Supposedly - SUPPOSEDLY - it's going to be a freebie!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice