Gyms/Health Club with tennis??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by raretail, Jun 24, 2007.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hiya,

Can you give me some more information on these gyms please, location and price you just mention that they are expensive, less expensive?

Casa Blanca, Albatross and Yex, I recently went to Sport City and have never been so offended by a price for Gym Membership, for that price you would have thought it included free massages, food and drink!!! It was approx 1500 pesos each per month plus you had to pay a crazy membership fee of something like 8000 pesos each!!!

Also, any other gyms people have found, I am looking for a Gym that has swimming pool, good cardio equipment and free weights, tennis/squash courts aren't important (i play tennis at the baseball/football stadium for 20 pesos an hour as mentioned in a post above*).

I also went to the raddison, the gym is closing in January and the equipment looks very ropey and sparse, i think it was 650 pesos a month but didn't include use of pool.

Any information greatly appreciated, I have been training at a gym in Lombardo Toledano (off portillo lopez) for 350 pesos a month, the equipment is okay but it's just simply weights and machines and very quiet so no one to spot you. It's good if money is very tight.

2. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey people, just got back from Albatross today which is just past gran plaza cancun on nichupte. I found it to be a really nice place, altough a little busy at the time I went, it has two swimming pools, football, nice gym, tennis courts, steam rooms, table tennis, volleyball, dance and exercise classes, sculpture and painting for kids, swimming lessons for babies from six months and lots more, I really was impressed. Well we went in there today and negotiated and negotiated and it looks like we have got the following deal for six people (includes one baby though)....

11,500 for membership (if paid cash)
    1,350 per month (if paid before 5th of each month)

Well that is by far the best price I have found in Cancun and I felt the facilites were acceptable, the tennis courts were nice and the gym had good cardio equipment (needs a few more weight machines though), the steam room was nice and I am going to start from tomorrow, so if anyone fancies getting fit or having a game of table tennis/tennis or football, I'll see you down there.

Sounds like an advert for the place, don't it???

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright, I am in the process of organising a game against some fellas from best day, the first outing should be in about 2 weeks, all those who wish to sign up to "Brits United" let me know, I am having the shirts printed next week, if you want to add sponsership let me know :D .

5. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Two questions...

1. Are the shirts red?

2. Will I be expected to run?

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I hope the guys we are playing are at least 40yrs +, and the game is indoors with air con, and I dont have to run around.

If not, then count me in anyway but dont expect much after the first 5 mins .... Maybe, I should buy some health insurance after all.

Tracey, can you let Ged know about this, we need some youngsters on the team!

Matt, if you have any developments please start a new thread so those interested don't miss it.

7. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Steve
    Ged played a game for the school parents this am and he is playing again on Sunday- so he is really keen.
    I will let him know any developments
    Tracey
    x

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    unlike the so called proper English football team, I think it's time we represented our country well, count me in Matt, it's gonna be a laugh whatever happens. Someone bring some ice though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice