Gyms/Health Club with tennis??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by raretail, Jun 24, 2007.

1. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know if the gyms/healthclubs there have tennis courts?? Anyone play tennis? Where?

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is one with tennis and squash, called Spirit2, close to Walmart, at the intersection of the street going to Costco and the other going to Macarambe (I know no sreet name here... except Lopez Portillo :lol: ).

They also have some (or had) exercise classes, I went once for Pilates, and a swimming pool that at that time seemed not very clean to say the least.

I don't know the quality of tennis court.

There is one at the Radisson, or whatever the current name is now, on Nader. Pilates too, and some equipment.

I know there are some in the HZ, but sorry, I cannot give the locations

3. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fantastic info! Thanks!

You can't tell me because you don't know or because it is classified? :cool:

4. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am so sorry for the misunderstanding :( I don't say because I don't remember. I don't think they are classified.

Good luck, and let me know.

:lol:

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spirit 2 is on Mayapan close to the corner of Yaxchilan. The squash courts there are awful, nearly unplayable. Instead of putting down real, unfinished wood, they put some kind of slippery formica on the floor which LOOKS like wood. Unbelievable! Truly, utterly completely unbelievable that someone would be SO DUMB! The formica is so slippery that it's dangerous to play there, every squash player I know who's played there has crashed because of sliding around.

I priced Spirit 2 recently because we were looking for a place where my daughter could swim. And I thought it was very expensive for what you get there. But I didn't price the tennis, it could be that tennis there is not a bad price.

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi
    I play tennis 4 - 5 times a week at club casablanca- very good facilities.
    Its expensive but negotiate hard and you will get a decent price. I mean hard- a friend got at least 50 percent off the joining fee just last month.

There is a great gym and swimming pool plus a restaurant and a fab kids club.

Its also possible to play tennis at the courts at Pok Ta pok. Plus indoor courts at Fiesta Americana where I play when its raining.

Send me a message should you want a game.

I hope that helps.
    Tracey

7. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could always go to the good ole spit and sawdust Municipal courts.
    They are right next to baseball stadium and they now have the night lights working. They charge about 30 pesos per hour and I think they have 4 or 5 courts. It is first come first served so you may have to wait for a court, but I have never waited longer than 20 minutes or so, it that.
    I like the gym I go to which doesn't have courts, but like a game of tennis every now and then. I wouldn't pay the outrageous prices some other clubs charge so this option does me fine.

8. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen, call you tell me where you go for the gym. I am looking for one too.

I have heard about a new club where they give salsa classes and probably others too, I still don't have more info. I prefer dancing than slave gym. I got tired of Pilates after 2-3 years. Some clubs here are abusively expensive, some are dirty, some are boring....

9. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jen,

I go to Yek which is $800 pesos per month. Not cheap but I like the cardio equipment and the fact that it's not busy at the time I go.
    I think they have salsa classes as well as spin and all the rest, yoga etc.
    You pay the flat $800 and then all the classes are included.

10. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Too bad :roll: I went there once, it looked nice, but it is tooooooooo far away, I live by Punta Sam, I know I will not keep going.

I am going to try this Habana Club. It is called Salsa con V (as in Vladimirrrrrrrrrrr) He is a very :lol: nice-looking Cuban :blush: and it is on Tulum. Let's see...

:lotsofmichaelf: :bigband:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice