Gun Control???

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by B & B, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't really understand the "football" thing myself but hey, different strokes right!

As far as Iraq and Afghanistan I would agree with you, I am no peace nick but nobody has ever explained well why we are involved in either country. For that matter I don't understand why we are in most countries and why we give foriegn aid to other countries either. (outside of disaster relief)

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    But Again im not touching this debate with a ten foot pole, Cuz everyone is way to passionate about their points, and all have valid ground to stand on, there is no right or wrong with this, these kind of debates will never have an absolute right or wrong..........so ill be the drunk guy thats always saying ....I love you man ...to all of you haha

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *LOL*.. that's the most interesting analogy I've heard in a while.. *L*

Again this goes back to my point of gun control. Why should a private citizen be able to own an AK47 that can fire large bore rounds on full auto? Why should they be able to own full body kevlar? There needs to be a limit.

Why not let private citizen own anti-tank weapons, or personel mines to plant on the front lawn?

4. Masada

Masada Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Um no.

The guns used in that robbery were in fact illegal/controlled. The AK47 that was used was modified to be a fully automatic machine gun. It is illegal for ANYONE in the United States to modify a gun to shoot fully automatic. Machine guns are controlled by the ATF. Some states such as CA ban them completely. Some states such as Utah do not ban them. And *GASP* civilians can actually buy them.

For an ordinary citizen to own one you must submit paperwork to the ATF along with $200 so they can run a thorough background check on you.

In order for a civilian to purchase one it the gun has to of been made before 1986 and registered as a machinegun (this is considered a transferable machine gun). There are very few "transferable" machine guns in existence. And the ones that are available for civilian purchase are EXTREMELY expensive. For instance a fully automatic legal transferable AK47 machine gun will cost you at a minimum $12,000....yes that's right $12,000

5. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Leason learnt guys but I did apologise for my tone lol. A good debate really does get the blood boiling and even though I don't agree with some comments, everyone is entiled to their view.
    Right back to guns.........the more I read from the pro gunners the more I'm understanding where they are coming from. Lets be fair, if America is such a bad place to live how come so many Brits have made it their home. If I had the balls to move out of my beloved Wales I'd come there to live in a shot (not from a gun lol).

6. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Les, I have a spare room, you and lynfa would love New York...pack your bags lol.....

7. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you are misunderstanding something. Fully automatic weapons are controlled pretty well and very expensive. If there happens to be one used in a crime you can be pretty sure it was modified illegally to be fully automatic. This can be done with pretty much any semiauto but its pretty rare as you get in ALOT of trouble for doing it. Owning the parts counts as owning the whole thing.

8. Masada

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I know quite abit about WWII and apparently you don't know your history too well. The US was in fact helping you fight the war, prior to us sending troops. The US sent countless amount of supplies to Britain. Also albeit in very small numbers of Americans were fighting in the war prior to Pearl Harbor (see Flying Tigers)

9. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude... they sell the kits and instructions on how to make guns fully auto at gun shows and hide under the 1st amendment saying that it's freedom of speech and they're not telling anyone to do it.

10. Masada

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    See my other post, you are sorely misinformed if you think anyone in the US can walk into a gun store and walk out with a fully automatic gun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice