Gun Control???

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by B & B, Mar 23, 2010.

1. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Well I feel very sorry for them then. At the end of the day it's not their fault their president has sent them to fight a war they can never win. I admire every countrys militery men and women but for god's sake stop sending them away to get killed.

2. Rich/Lynn

Rich/Lynn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I agree. Many of us Americans think the U.S. should concentrate more on the many problems within our own borders. I am sure the U.S. has done some bad things and made many mistakes while trying to police the world. But I expect there are some people in other countries that actually appreciate the help, and of course some that don't.

I know it was many years ago, but also let's try not to forget about the thousands and thousands of young American soldiers who gave their lives and are buried through out Europe. If not for those American soldiers, many countries, possibly even Wales, may be flying the German Nazi flag today.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    someone mentioned something about multiple guns not being used in robberies.

Look up the North Hollywood shootout. This is probably the one biggest best argument for gun control.

Again.... NOT gun ban but control.

I'm sorry but a gun is not tool.. its a weapon.

I met once met an ex pat Canadian living in the states that once shot at a guy stealing a frozen chicken out of the freezer on his back porch. At the time I didn't really bat an eye at the story. But later I started to think how insane that is.

The guy was stealing yes... but he was stealing food. Does that warrant the death penalty? Really? He didn't try to break into the house or harm anyone. He was obviously hungry but this guy I was talking to thought it was the greatest thing to try to shoot someone for stealing a chicken.

4. us2933

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    I didn't say they've never been a part of crime in the UK at all but they are still new compared to country's like the US.
    The stats were to prove that compared to the top 3 countrys on that list America's gun death aren't actually that bad and a lot less than people probably think they are.

5. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While the US is the focal point of most terrorists they actually hate us all. US, Canada, UK.. hell all of Europe for that matter. They hate anyone who is not like them. It's the same fanatical views shown by the Nazi's in WWII. Eradicate anything different.

This is our main thing in common when it comes to the fight against terrorism. If they hit one of us they hit us all.

6. us2933

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    That is the biggest insult and the biggest load of crap you could right, you obviously know very little regarding world war two. At the end of the day America refused to help until Pearl Harbour, they would have been happy to watch the Germans try and win. It's ironic that the Russians were better allies than the Americans. You should stop watching the Hollywood movies and actually read the history books (which were taught to every studant that took history in school).
    Typical American 'we save'd the world' statement. Truth is you didn't.

Can you name the countries that actually appreciate American help either now or in the past? I'm almost 40 and I can't think of any.

7. us2933

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    By the way, please don't take my tone personaly but like you guys are over guns, us brits are very passionate over world war two.

8. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bet if he knocked on the door and said that he was hungry and going to have to steal food unless he is helped he would have been given that chicken. Tough little moral dilemma right there isn't it? The problem is no answer is perfect.

As far as the Hollywood shootout is concerned that one pisses me off. Before those idiots got themselves killed that day the gun grabbers had alot less ammunition and local police did not have M16's. Now M16's are in almost every cop car. Additionally that is one instance. If one person craps their pants should we all wear diapers?

9. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    us2933... we have to take this discussion back a few notches.... this is turning into a pissing match.

rtm415's comment was out of line for sure. But as much as attacking back feels good it just turns the debate into a nasty argument.

We need to take a step back and drop the attacks on Nations. That is totally not what this is supposed to be about.

10. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I was going to say something very similiar...I dont want to touch this debate with a 10 ft pole.....But just to say I agree that the united states should spend more time on its own country then others, However I also know that terrorist do not abide by any laws , terrorist were killing people before terrorism became cool, innocent people were dying by terrorist attacks for years, it just wasnt on CNN every night or FOX every night until it became a war and/or a mistake , which ever side your on.......
    If the US sat back and did nothing, we would be called cowards for not helping the innocent that are being killed, Maybe not in Iraq or afghanistan, but it would happen somewhere else...and the US would be slammed for not helping innocent people......countries blast our country for getting involved to much, but then an earthquake or a psunami happens and its " Where is the United States with their aid and support"..... I just think the world cant have it both ways.....if you dont want the US to police the world , then dont expect the US to be the Ambulance of the world either.........
    I agree with both sides of the debate....just wanted to poke my head , I signed up for the army on my own free will, knowing what the risks were..... I know some of the military will not sign back up, but its been almost 9 years since 9/11 and most military contract are 4 years 17 weeks...unless they are in special forces, so many of those that are not happy with the war may have already gotten out and the ones that are there believe in their cause.....and as long as their there, ill believe in them.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice