Gun Control???

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by B & B, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    B&B: Amazing, I'm pretty damn famous with you and I'll take it as a complement :icon_smile:

BTW – When it comes to the right for Americans to bear arms, it is the right given by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution – not a "God Given Right" as has been mentioned in many posts here. I don't know where this notion of a god given right came from, but is false as far as U.S. law. The U.S. Constitution also creates a separation of Church & State, but does not ban religion.

I don't own a gun myself now, nor do ever intend to. But to take away gun ownership from other US Citizens would require a ruling of The US Supreme Court or another Constitutional Amendment with a vote of Two-thirds of both houses of Congress AND Three-fourths of the state legislatures to approve it. This is an unlikely scenario.

2. Masada

Masada Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Then what ban knives? Look a criminal is a criminal it doesn't matter what instrument of death you try to ban, a criminal will find away to commit crime. Take England for example, handguns were banned in 1997 and guess what has happened? Did crime go down? Nope In fact it went up 89%. It pretty easy to commit a crime when you know 100% that your victim has no way to defend themselves.

3. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    I'd just like to add that the Americans I've been lucky enough to meet have been the most passionate about their rights and their country so I assume that most Americans are. Can someone then please answer this.........WHAT ABOUT THE RIGHTS OF YOUR MOTHERS, FATHERS, SISTERS, BROTHERS AND CHILDREN TO COME HOME?

4. Masada

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Come home from where? Iraq, Afghanistan?

5. us2933

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Masada, guns are a very new toy for criminals in the UK so it was bound to increase yet last year there was an 18% drop. All this debate about American gun laws, we should all think ourselves lucky we don't live in South africa, Columbia or Thailand....look ...

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

6. us2933

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Yes definatley

7. Masada

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Maybe I'm missing something here. Guns have somehow never been a part of crime in the UK until recently? Also those statistics mean nothing.

8. Masada

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    They have no rights when it comes to that.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

9. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *L*.. good one Jamie... but most people only seem to get upset about seals because they're cute. I've noticed over the years that (for the most part) people get upset when they see an animal that they deem "cut" getting killed.

The seal hunt is as much about controlling the seal population as it is about a small town's industry.

I never said anyone was sick for not wanting gun control.. I said they were crazy if they thought it was a right given to them by god

10. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    actually it has happened when a person has dropped their gun and it goes off accidentally *L*.. but I know what you're saying.

Think about it this way. The gun was invented to kill. Not for home defence or for target shooting... it's solely designed for killing.

Take away the gun and we're left with more difficult ways to kill each other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice