GTAHOTELS.COM

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by IndyGirl, Jan 27, 2009.

1. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a FYI, I recently booked for Temptations from the GTAHOTELS.COM site and got a rate of $173 a night. I believe now it is $205 a night. Anyway if your credit card charges fees for foreign transactions you will be charged a foreign transaction charge. The charge was submitted as GTAHOTELS.COM Lefkose TUK No where on the website does it state Turkey. Everything is US, address at bottom NY. Although I was happy for the great rate for our room. My card charges a foreign transaction fee. Hopefully we won't have problems when we arrive at the hotel. We used alpharooms last year. Just wanted to give a heads up as it seems the hotel rates have been high lately.

2. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are just a reseller. The receipt/confirmation from gtahotels.com should show you who is the room wholesaler they bought the rooms from (that is the actual company that sends your confirmation to the hotel). Then contact the hotel (form on the Temptation resort website works great) and get a direct confirmation from them, giving them your name and the wholesaler/confirmation info.

Also, in the future, get a credit card without a foreign transaction rate (first time I ever heard that a card anywhere having this).

Rick

3. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have email Temptation twice for a confirmation. No responds yet. I have my hotel voucher, and gtahotel.com says I am confirmed. I do have a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees, but I didn't realize the one I used did. Also, there was no indication on the website it would be charge as that. Thanks for your reply.

4. mking

mking Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also booked with the same company. I recieved an email from Temptations with a confirmation #. You shouldn't have any problems.

5. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering is that the AI fee per room? I.e. is that the AI fee for two people? Thanks for posting.

6. rflashman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope that's the full rate, all-inclusive, for two people. gtahotels.com and skoosh.com are the new type of resellers, who act like travel agents and sell vacation packages from wholesalers like Tourico Holidays (www.touricoholidays.com), who in turn buy them in bulk from the resort. So at the resort they have no clue who gta or skoosh is, since technically the vacation was sold and booked by the middleman.

The only real risk is if something breaks down between the wholesaler and reseller, which is why you are advised to use a credit card that can back you up and to confirm, confirm, confirm.

7. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I have emailed Temptation twice, but no confirmation yet. Trying again.

8. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are just a reseller. The receipt/confirmation from gtahotels.com should show you who is the room wholesaler they bought the rooms from (that is the actual company that sends your confirmation to the hotel). Then contact the hotel (form on the Temptation resort website works great) and get a direct confirmation from them, giving them your name and the wholesaler/confirmation info.

Also, in the future, get a credit card without a foreign transaction rate (first time I ever heard that a card anywhere having this).

Rick[/quote]

Prepaid voucher to present at the hotel shows Turavia/hotelbeds.

9. rflashman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Turavia is a legitimate vacation wholesaler from Spain. That is who Temptations will show you booked through.

10. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So if I emailed Temptation with that information this time requesting confirmation, they should be able to confirm? Three emails to them no confirmation as yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice