Grill 14 Restaurant Review

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunTom, Nov 20, 2008.

1. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We attended a dinner affair at the Grill !4 Restaurant in the hotel zone at KM14, on a Saturday night a week ago.
    Before dinner I ordered a gin martini to be made with Bombay Gin and a glass of house Sauvignon Blanc wine for my wife. My wife's glass contained only a 1/2" of wine. The martini was a normal amount with two small olives. They bill was not normal! They charged us $30.00 USD!!!!! I asked the waiter to check the price as I had never paid so much for two drinks like these in the past. He said the Bombay martini was $18.00 USD and the extremely small sampling of wine was $12.00 USD
    I've lived all over the world and have NEVER paid $18.00 for any kind of martini, especailly in a such a mediocre restaurant.
    They also played music so loud that it was impossible to converse with my wife whom was sitting right next to me.
    We will never return to this establishment!
    PS.............The food & service weren't 'very good either.
    On a 1-10 scale we give this place a 3.

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was very disappointed also... It used to be very good, I don't know if they changed the management or something. The included-glass-of-wine was the size of a cognac glass and the food very poor and not tasty.

The music was not the fault of the restaurant, but it is true that this girl had an awful voice which couldn't be heard too much with the music above it :roll:. Fortunately my friends pianist and singers made a bit for it, too bad that girl sang AFTER...

3. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Grill 14

You're right Tom, it wasn't good at all. Everyone at my table was complaining.We had a little more luck than you did...when someone ordered a galss of wine and they were told it was $120 pesos...we asked about it being included in the price of dinner. They said the two glasses were included WHILE YOU WERE EATING DINNER! SO we cancelled the wine!
    Someone ordered a Coke and they got a can of Coke....for 35 pesos! I ordered a coke WITH my dinner and I got a glass of ice with 1/3 of a glass of coke! When I called the girl over, I showed her how much coke was in my glass and then she brought me and everyone at my table that ordered soda...a full can! How stupid could they have been?
    Dessert was a joke. We got our coffee 25 minutes after they brought the cake...after A LOT OF BEGGING!
    Well, if this was how they put their best foot forward to try to impress over 80 local people, they did a very poor job. You were being kind, giving them a 3 out of 10. Nobody at my table will be returning to Grill 14.

4. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same here - HIGH HIGH prices and not so great food. The service is the absolute worst. There were many things I did not like about this place but the music was the worst. It was so loud that no only could we not talk at all...but my ears were ringing when we left...

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW.

I will not be going there.

I guess they are like Sergio Pilati. Looks good at first glance but they can't deliver the goods.

Thanks to all the confirming reports of a not so good place.

Damn, $180 for a glass of gin. You can get a whole bottle for about the same, can't you Tom?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice