Greta is finally posting her TRIP REPORT FROM CANCUN!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Greta, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, here goes!!! I'm gonna try to shorten some of it, so it's not as long...

DAY 1, MARCH 7TH...

Leaving Huntington, WV to Charlotte, NC.. Make my flight with only 10 minutes to spare.. Get to Cancun, and stood in line around 45 minutes to an hour for immagrations.. Stop by duty free to get RUM for my room... Off to customs.. Green light, so i'm happy.. Off to get my luggage.. It's tore all to heck.. Big suitcase has zippers tore off, and stap bag luggage has handle tore off.. Will have to buy a new bag for return trip home... Meet Entertainment Plus for my trip to The Solymar.. They are waiting on me, and no problems... Arrive at The Solymar, and checkin is a breeze.. Rooms is wonderful..

Here is a view from my OceanFront Balcony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loved my views.. Room was awesome, and will probably stay here again.. Great prices, and nice, clean place to stay...

Here is the view from my rooftop terrace, and to see more, just checkout my pics o webshots under the username gretacancun ........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get things sorted in my room, rest a little, then off to take a shower & get ready to meet up at Slices...

I got sick on the flight to Cancun, so I wasn't feeling well, but finally get ready to head to Slices.. It comes a pretty good downpour of a storm, and I get caught right in the middle of it.. I look like a wet duck lol... Oh well, it's just water.. I'll be ok haha....

I get at Slices pretty early, so I have a couple drinks. By 8:30 pm, i'm still feeling really bd from earlier, so I decided to go back to my room, and go to bed.. I will try again tomorrow...

DAY 2, MARCH 8TH...

I get up, get ready, and try to do the beach thing, but it keeps getting cloudy, plus it's pretty cool out today.. Well, as long as you were not wet, it was fine, but I bet if you were wet and in the wind, it would be right down awful... I go back to the room, take a shower, and decided to fix myself some drinks... I fix my own half & half, depending on the drink mix to go with it ghough, then I go off to Slices...

Here are a couple of pics I took, and you can go to my webshots to see the rest of them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get to Slices & and ready for more drinks... I am sitting at the bar when Jason & Henry pop up behind me, and we go where the rest are located.. It's myself, Jason, Henry, Andrew, Dennis, Dan, Ryan, Joe, Riki, & Trig. We had a blast. I ended up doing between 11 & 13 shots of tequila in about 15 or 20 minutes lol.. I ended up being sooooooooooo drunk haha.. When I got back to my room, I went out on the balcony to enjoy the breeze & view, and ended up passing out and sleeping on it haha... All in all, it was a great night, but I can't say that for the next day lol...

DAY 3, MARCH 9TH

I wake up on the balcony, and i'm soooooooooooooooooooo sick... I come in, crank the air up, and go back to bed for a little while.. I wake up again, grab me something to eat, take a shower, and walk around The Solymar to check it out more.. It's a pretty nice place, but I didn't go all inclusive... I bought snack stuff for the room, and went out of the evenings for dinner... Later on, it's off to Slices again, where this time it's Myself, Jason, CindyB, Charmine, Shauny, Spencer, Andrew, Dennis, Dan, & Ryan. We end up seeing Henry later on that night.. Another great night out, and Thanks, Shauny, for the drink... I didn't drink too much though, cause I was still sooooooooo sick haha... They all take off elsewhere, and I head back to the room, but not before getting some Subway lol..

DAY 4, MARCH 10TH

Get up & ready again. Head to the beach.. Water was kinda cool with all of the wind, so I just sit in the sand to take it all in... It sprinkled the rain a little, but I wasn't too much worried about that.. A little bit of water won't hurt anyone.. I got myself some small seashells to bring home to put in my scrapbook & make a picture frame with, and they made it home without being getting broke lol... Pool was packed the entire trip when I would go to get in it, so no pool for me this trip... Back to the room for a shower, then back to Slices once again.. I love this place lol.. This year is the first time out of three trips that i've been to Slices.. It's a pretty cool little place... Once again, it's Myself, Spencer, Jason, Andrew, Riki, Trig, Henry, CindyB, Charmine, & Joe later on that night. Fletch ended up a no show, but I did get word that he WAS IN CANCUN, so those of you that had a bet with him, PAY UP... I think someone of them actually paid him at Carlos & Charlies the next night.. Back to the night.. Most ended up leaving to go to Bulldogs, but me, Cindy, & Charmine stayed behind for a while.. That is when we ended up seeing Joe.. He had his mack on with some girl, and was dancing the night away lol... The girls, later on, decided to go to Bulldogs, so I head back to the room to end the night...

DAY 5, MARCH 11TH, THE NIGHT OF THE CANCUNCARE PARTY!!!! IT'S HERE!!!

I get up & ready, then off to the beach.. This was the prettiest day i'd had in Cancun so far, so I tried my best to enjoy the beach, water, & sun.. Stayed out for a few hours, and enjoyed every minute of it.. Waves were huge though lol... Got myself some more seashells before coming back up to the room that evening.. Shower & ready to go to the CancunCare party.. I make sure once arriving at the Forum Plaza, that I make a visit to the Hard Rock Guitar to be on the camera lol... Meetup with Steve & Jannet. Was great to see them again.. Eventually people start showing up, then we all go on into our AWESOME PARTY, THANKS TO STEVE & JANNET.. WE LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH, AND THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!

The party is another big hit.. Had a great time.. Shauny is a drink thief though lol.. He was always theifing my drinks lol.. That's ok.. I forgive him haha... We all have or introductory shot of tequila, and this was soooooooooo hard to drink do to my second night in Cancun lol.. I did it though.. I finally meet Fletcho, and he's sweet as he can be.. If you all look at the over 200 pictures that I took at the party, you can see how showed up.. Pretty good turn out.... Dennis was wearing a wig later on in the night, andyou must see those pictures.. Too funny... I didn't want to leave, but I had tickets to go see AKON at The City.. Only paid $40 for VIP, but I wasted my money.. I got in and everything, but it was soooooo packed and hot, that I just left.. Well worth waisting the money for my safety... I run into Riki & Trig at my nightly stop at Subway, and we chatted for a bit before I went back to my room for the night.. All in All, great night, now off to the room for sleep...

DAY 6, MARCH 12TH, THE DAY OF THE BIG HURRICANE AT PAT O'S

I looked forward to this day my whole trip, cause I wanted to see if I could drink one of these huge drinks.. I'm sure I can, but we'll see... Everyone was suppose to meet up at Pat O's at 1pm.. Pretty decent time for the party people to make sure they are up, and motivated lol.. It ended up being Myself, Dennis & Ryan.. The 3 of use tried out best to enjoy the day.. I know I had a great time, and I think they enjoyed the day to, but you'll have to ask them that one.. We order our drinks, and The Hurricane is by far the strongest drink i've yet to have bought in Cancun.. It was different too.. Never drank anything like it before.. Got a gift to bring home from here too... After paying for our stuff, we get a free drink at Margaritaville, so we head on over to get it lol.. You never turn away free drinks haha.. We have this, then decide to order more.. Yummy.. First Miami Vice drink, and they are now my favorite lol... We also get Volcano Nachos.. They are yummy too.. Had a great day, and thanks to Dennis & Ryan for showing up.. The rest of you, i'll forgive you, but I won't forget lol.. Just kidding.. You all are fine.. I still luvs all of you.... Just don't try to kill Andrew next time lol... Well, it's almost 5 pm, so we head back to our rooms.. I go buy some things to bring home, then off to the room for me too.. I pack my luggage up the best I can, then freshen up & off to Slices one more time before going back home.. I meet up with Nick, CindyB, Charmine, Dennis, Dan, & Ryan.. I stayed an hour later than I had planned on, but I sooooooooooo didn't want to to.. It was like I was losing my best friend, and IT SUCKED!!! I didn't drink anything, as I knew I had to get up early, and I had drank with Dan & Dennis earlier that day.... I gave everyone hugs, and I headed back to my room like a lost little puppy..

TRIP WAS GREAT, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK AGAIN.. I MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH, AND GREAT SEEING ALL OF YOU.. WE SHALL DO THIS AGAIN, AND HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME, I'LL HAVE MORE TIME TO STAY IN CANCUN...

DAY 7, MARCH 13TH, THE TORTURE OF GOING BACK HOME...

I leave for the airport, & then head home.. Simple as that.. Nothing much to it, but when we were flying out of Cancun, I did get an awesome video.. I think it is video #13 on my videos.. I can't explain it to you, you'll just have to check it out..

Another great year, Another great trip, Several great people.. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES!!!

GRETA

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Great stuff greta, very happy you enoyed yourself, we enjoyed having you around!!!

3. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks.. I enjoyed being around all of you too...

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good TR Greta...But it seems you missed out on the clubs at night?

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You were lucky I wasn't too drunk at that point. I have a tendency to sneak up to girls at bars and hump them appearantly.

I was kind of piss that it was windy and cold the whole time I was there and the day I left it was sunny and 85 degrees.

Until next year. :)

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, till next year..

Dream, I didn't go to the big clubs for good reason.. I only had so much money to manage, and to allow me to get to meet up with everyone every night, it had to be Slices.. Right before my trip, I had to dish out over half my spending money for crap, but I still made it to Cancun, & I still had a blast meeting up with everyone.. I like the smaller places much better than the bigger places anyway....

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh ok...

8. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was always nice to see you cause you were always so happy and nice and taking pics

9. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great report may -- sorry bout the pat o's thing.. i was umm preoccupied? i guess that's what ud call it.

see you next year

10. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great tr Greta. We'll have to grab another Hurricane next year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice