Great Parnassus

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by GCPSgirl, Jun 9, 2007.

1. XTomX

XTomX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stayed for two weeks last september and thought it was a nice hotel. Staff were helpfull and the place is kept very clean and tidy.

Room and bathroom are big with great air con and ceiling fan.. Bed was also king size which was nice. Good quality tv with quite alot of channels too.

Pool is quite large and pool area has quite alot of sun loungers which are free. Theres also lots of loungers down on the beach and another bar too. The outside bar staff always keep your drinks topped up. Plenty of beach and pool games to keep you entertained all day too. Also, all the bars serve quality branded alcohol.

Food was nice, I really loved the breakfast. I had french toast, fresh pancakes, bacon, sausages and an omelette every morning. The restaurants are quite good too although the buffet was my favourite.

They have a health spa down stairs and a good gym which I was very happy with. Also, theres a great shop on premises that has anything youd want.

The crowd was mostly aged 30+ with some familys but mostly couples from what I noticed.

The only complaints I have about the hotel is due to the open fronted lobby design, it can be very humid inside the building unless your in your room. Also, there isnt much to do at night but the entertainment staff run a bus into the clubs if your that way inclined. The only other problem is that the hotel is not within walking distance of the main shops, clubs etc. but only 5-10mins in a bus or taxi of which there is a depo at the hotel. None of these things annoyed me too much but thought I should mention them.

Overall I had a great stay and would definitly return.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. leonardito

leonardito Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. Braden91

Braden91 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Booked a trip here just me and a freind. We are both 20 and wondering what type of atmosphere to expect during the day. We know we can take a bus to clubs at night but we are curious about how its going to be during the day. Any help is appreciated!

4. Viking5343

Viking5343 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it gets boring you can always go to the Golden Parnassus during the day more adult orientated there.

5. Braden91

Braden91 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Adult oriented meaning a lot of couples and quiet or is there alot to do there? We are both single and looking to meet some girls who like to party. We didn't get to pick the resort because we are with family but just curious about the daily activities.

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    WOW!!! lol Crazy! After 8 years of trying to have a baby, I finally have one!!! lol. We are staying at Great Parnassus end of March!! I'm so excited!! This is my 8th trip to Cancun and 7th to the Parnassus resorts! Hopefully I can get someone to watch my little guy so I can sneak off to Golden for a few! :)

Anyone else going around this time!?:headbanger:

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    anyone doing a count down yet? lol.

8. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    We are booked! It's official! Me +3 for April 7-14th. It's 2 weeks later than we expected but the price was too good. We couldn't resist! :) See you guys there! :)

9. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Only 70 days!!

Until we leave for Cancun!!! I'm soooo excited!! :biggrinbandit:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice