Great Parnassus

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by GCPSgirl, Jun 9, 2007.

1. AGU

AGU Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone,
    Can you help the Newbies out?
    We haven't travelled for awhile and definitely have not been to a resort since the honeymoon.
    We are interested in the Great Parnassus because it is one of the only few resorts that will accommodate three kids with 2 adults in one room. (family room)
    My questions, I hope, will be easy to answer.....
    Are the kids exhausted after the kids club? lots to do? oldest is 13?
    If we stay at the Great can my wife and I head over to the Golden during the day and enjoy some of the features and benefits?:clappyinghappy:
    Is there an advantage to book your room directly with the resort and fly down on your own or book through a travel agent and go with a charter company like Sunwing? We are coming from Ontario, Canada.
    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. NC Gal

NC Gal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We usually stay at the Great (because the rooms our nicer, imo) and spend the majority of our time at the Golden (because we don't have kids and like the adult atmosphere at the Golden). The family rooms at the Great are actually pretty nice rooms. I have no idea what the supervision is like at the kids pool or if parents can drop kids off and pick them up later. There are usually a lot of kids at the adult pool and entertainment for kids as well, but the kids aren't supervised in any way.

3. cschiessl

cschiessl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You said you went for spring break- what did you think in terms of a spring break location? I'm looking for places and I just want to make sure we find one worth the money that's going to have a good crowd (ie: not all families or older couples :))

4. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Great made me wish i had babies. i think i actually teared up once wishing i had a baby there with me. i would def recommend the golden. Its adults only, topless women.... a mixture of singles, couples and ages.... wild at times yet relaxing at others...... lots of restaurants, lots of bars.... and u can stay at 1, and play at 2 :) Stay at the Golden Parnassus <3

5. azmodan

azmodan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I´m just wondering if they have safe in the rooms..?...?

6. jbrennan3

jbrennan3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes there are safes in the room.....what is great parnassus like during spring break??? help any1 :)

7. XTomX

XTomX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heading to Cancun and the Great parnassus for the first time at the end of august. Seems to be getting good reports from most people, cant wait. Ill write a wee report in here when i get back!:)

8. canadianjovigirl

canadianjovigirl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We thought the Great Parnassus was good value for the money, but sure missed having a mini fridge in the room and my kids prefer the Gran Caribe Real so we are heading back there in Feb...........my 13 year old loves the teen club there and the kids club is also good. My younger one likes the kids club at both, but prefers the kids water park at the Cran Caribe Real............

We stay at those 2 or the Crown as they all have the bunks and allow 3 kids to a room..............our favorite family stay was at the Palace with the adjoining rooms but that was not in our budget this trip ...........

Have fun!!!

9. usforfun1966

usforfun1966 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are going to be there jan 16 thu jan 26.read everyones comments and looks like its going to be a lot of fun.

10. Alfred8100

Alfred8100 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great sharing...
    Thanks for sharing this....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice