Great Parnassus Trip Report

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Jannet, Dani and I spent a night here at the weekend. Since we only live 20 minutes away we only booked one night which meant we could check in early and check out late. 2 full days for the price of one night :lol:

We wanted to have a family weekend "away" and the hotel was well priced, just $200 for all three of us AI. After booking I read the reports on TA and almost all were negative so I wondered what I had let us in for.

I shouldnt have worried, the hotel was perfect for what we wanted.

A great kids club, lots of bars and restaurants with no reservations required (I think something like 8 of each). The food quality was excellent, the main food court area has like 10 different stations all providing different themes, pasta, mexican, sushi, oriental, poultry, deli, fruit, veggies etc

The Manhattan Diner 24 hour restaurant had great quality food too and we ate there a couple of times. The burgers were not the frozen crap you buy in packs of 100, rather chopped and seasoned mince served on ciabatta.

The room was fine we were on the 4th floor of 12. The construction of the hotel is an art in itself, it allows every room to have an ocean view regardless of position.

Our room was king size master bed with separated off bunk bed area for kids, and a pull out bed under the bunk for a third child. The bathroom had a bathtub, nice shower, separate WC. The TV was a 28" plasma with cable offering around 60 channels.

Entertainment staff were great, must have been about 20 of them. Kids club was excellent, they have a teens pool (12-16) a kids pool (4-12) and a baby pool. The kids and teen pool has a castle and pirate ship feature with water slides etc. Kids club offers a movie theater and a kids disco as well as the regular things like swings slides painting coloring etc.

The main pool is a 3 level infinity pool the final one of which is for the sports activities. The beach here is a little narrow but still plenty of room for a volleyball court and great sea shell hunting for kids.

Saturday night entertainment was an International dance show, the performers in this were 110%, unlike some of the almost amateurish shows I've seen elsewhere. They must be paying good money for these performers. Warm up prior to the show was Xbox car racing competitions on the giant movie screen.

Hotel staff were excellent too, spent Sunday afternoon drinking at the pool bar (no cheap alcohol here - it's Smirnoff, or Absolut if you want it) Never had to ask for a refill. In fact the bartender chased me down with a drink while I was helping clear the pool area of water after a brief rain shower.

If you're looking for a kid friendly place then this place is perfect. If you're not then you can always head off to the adults only pool and bars or enjoy the sister adults only resort Golden Parnassus via free shuttle.

We will be back in a few weeks time.

2. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice review Steve !

Glad you enjoyed your stay there.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you take any pictures, Steve?

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Sorry, I forgot my camera :roll: Next time for sure

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tsk Tsk Tsk :wink:

6. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report! Thanks for sharing. It is nice that you live so close to be able to pay for one night, but make it a weekend with the check in and outs like that. Nice to live so close to paradise. :D

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NO PICS OF DANI ENJOYING HERSELF ?!?!?!?!

Oh, Steve!!!
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

8. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice report. I think the last person to post about that resort favorably was AdrianeNY. :lol:

It's good to know the details you posted about just in case a friend/relative with kids is looking for a kid friendly place. I can send them the link to this thread!!!

How could you not take your camera Steve? Shame on you!!!!

Michelle

9. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Camera

Steve.................don't you have a camera in your cell ????? Don't tell us your forgot that too?

Thanks for the report even without the pictures....LOL

Saw your new web map web site and we were even able to spot our home on it. That trampoline looks like a hole in the ground or round pool!
    Another one of your never ending great ideas. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice