Grand Oasis Viva

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by jeflanne, Oct 24, 2013.

1. scottnpam

scottnpam Addict Registered Member

charlottetown, prince edward island, canada
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Be quite a coup if GOV couldl and Chinos for ents... off Boobs Cruise days of course :D

2. hardrocktampa

hardrocktampa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    One positive would be telling family you were going to Grand Oasis/-

Sound a bit better than Temptation to my mother in law.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha for sure

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not going to happen I'd say.

Chinos is happy with working the boobs cruises and occasional freelance gigs on lifestyle cruise ships and with takeover groups at Desire. He doesnt want to work full time at a hotel again, says he's getting too old for that and also has medical issues to be careful of.

5. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    I think this new concept couldn't have come at a better time. Not that we had a miserable time, but we just came back (in fact we are en route back home) and out of the four times we have gone to TTR, this may have been our least favourite. In our opinion, certain quality levels at TTR have slipped. We didn't leave thinking it was a shame we were going home this time. Timeshare guys were pushy, we had no less than three leaks in our ceiling, and there was no dinner we walked away from raving about how amazing it was unlike previous trips. Single guys continue to be an issue.. this time a group of tanked young men getting pushy, loud, and outright vulgar at Paty'Os.. security was slow to end it. Housekeeping lacked in not providing enough toilet paper, no water some days, no coffee on others despite being left generous tips. It was as if they came in, made the bed, and left. Entertainment crew do their best with what they have, but little has changed over the four trips dating back to the Chinos days. In fact, much of what Chinos brought to the entertainment staff is rehashed almost verbatim to how he ran the show. A little variety may be in order.

However, awesome guests around the pool and incredible staff (namely Eduardo at the buffet, Carlos at the front door, Angel at the sexy pool bar, and Javier at the breakfast buffet to name the stand outs) make the place what it is and keep drawing us back. If we found a new resort that can add a little different flavour with the same calibre of guests, we are eagerly waiting with our chequebooks in hand. Otherwise, I'm sure we will be back to TTR.

6. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We could have written most of this ourselves....lol.

For the price we paid, our expectations were managed and minimal, and we certainly couldn't complain, but we sure are glad to see another player in the game.

We are looking at the first week of April to give GOV a go. It really does look lot better, on practically every level.

7. canoecpl

canoecpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, we are going the same week, but haven't decided between TTR or GOV. Leaning toward GOV...Hope to see you there:)

8. silver&gold

silver&gold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We like the looks of GOV. We have been to Desire and TTR several times and last year went to Golden Parnasus as a change of pace. What a disappointment, good thing we had the Boobs Cruise midweek. We are thinking GOV this year, major concern is the sightseers touring the facility and the day passes. Desire and TTR were not in the middle of things so it was not a concern. Anxious to hear trip reports in early 2014 as we'll make the trip in June.

9. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve for putting this option out here for us....after reading all of the pros and cons and doing my own research I have to say it would be worth it to me to give GOV a try? I can still book a Boobs Cruise and see Steve and the gang...I am waiting for some trip reports or experiences of the tours coming up...

10. Ferrari

Ferrari Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This place has some strong potential! Looking forward to doing more research on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice