Grand Oasis Viva

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by jeflanne, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    At Grand Oasis Viiva guests will enjoy 8 restaurants, 7 bars, 650 feet of white sand beach, 2 topless optional swimming pools, ALL ocean view rooms, and easy access to Cancun’s nightlife and restaurants.
    there and here they said 1 pool LOL

Two pools, one is infinity (topless optional)
    hahahaha that's the hotel free things!!!
    and on oasis visa they said they have
    2 Pools including one swim-up bar and 1 beachfront pool

witch it's the same freakin pool LOL
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Further to my earlier post a few days ago, I talked with several other couples who went for a look around and although some were impressed, others not so much.

I think we all need to wait a while before guessing how things might or might not be. The web page that sweetchildomine posted above didn't exist a week ago. More news is coming out all the time.

It's going to take time for them to adapt to a new concept, which hasn't even begun yet. They've probably been used to people going to bed at 11pm for years and it will be quite a culture shock when the fun people actually start arriving and wanting to stay up later. There is no reason for them to close bars at 1am if they have people who want to use them. I am sure they will refine their facilities and service as and when their new clientèle start visiting and listen to the feedback they give.

We may try it out early days simply because it's easy to do so for us, but we wont really know how things are working out until at least a few months down the line, and we also don't know the full extent of the improvements at Temptation, or how they will be in 6 months time.

3. BeatleBarley

BeatleBarley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Indeed. We don't know and will have to wait to find out. Good summary.

4. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Yes it is

5. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I don't know that I'm a fan of the "official" swinger bands... I think that's a little too much like Desire for us, and unless they are going couples only, I see the singles that read about "swinger bands" being bad juju... Especially that close to the clubs...

That said, i'll still look into it out of curiosity...

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well they definitely respond quickly. I sent them an email on Friday oct 25th and heard back already. I sent it thru the main oasis website asking it be forwarded to the gm and/or entertainment director at grand oasis viva. I basically said we were temptations visitors looking for another option that still had the TTR party but was in better condition from a room perspective and near the clubs (we actually like to go out). I mentioned there are a lot of die hard Temptation visitors on this site that are curious about what they have to offer. I did say we love the TTR party so maybe that got lost in translation, hence the lifestyle comments? Found that part interesting. We also mentioned we want to try it out in may and that I wanted to further understand the entertainment type day and night.

The response...

We are excited that you want to experience the newest adventure in Cancun!! This is going to be a great opportunity for those that love the lifestyle and even those that are wanting to “test the waters”! Our location, price point and culinary offerings make Grand Oasis Viva a much better experience for those that make a regular trip to Cancun and want an adult experience. We are finalizing a lot of the concept but everything will be in place and operational on December 24th of this year…so yes in May you will be able to really enjoy all we have to offer.

The entertainment during the day and late into the evenings will be totally adult focused! I know that you and your “die hard” friends are going to find Grand Oasis Viva to be the new choice for your annual trek! The rates, the ALL ocean view rooms and the exciting entertainment will win you over!

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    And I sent a follow up email asking about...

- the 1am bar closing. Will this change with the new concept?
    - do they have a topless optional public jacuzzi. Hate that TTR only has a small one for premier.
    - if they could describe the 4 room types and whether they included different access privileges to restaurants, bars , etc
    - if they could explain the green/orange/red bands... Info only I assume? Or used somehow in games/entertainment?

8. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    "late into the evening" lol... notice they didn't say into the NIGHT...

And I just had a thought... They should move that premier hot tub upstairs to the new premier deck area... Would get A LOT more use...

9. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    One of things that I noticed in their response email to you was the date they are changing the concept. As Steve mentioned in a post above it is not fair to speculate as they will be needing months to adapt and hone their new style and format.

My belief here is that they are doing all the leg work right now with all the PR and having everything renovated letting people get a feel for it. There is no better type of publicity than word of mouth. In that you see how much people here are talking about it already and I doubt as if any of us have stayed there yet with the new renovations. I also believe they are keeping or trying to keep a wrap on what the true formula will be come Dec 24th. I tried to book a room through their site and if you do so you will notice they have blocked all room styles as fully reserved for approx. 2 weeks starting on Dec 24th, if I recall correctly. This would be no different in any service industry when you are going through a total revamp of your concept and having to train a full staff as to what new procedures and protocol's will be for that concept.

As with anything, there will be growing pains at both places, TTR and GOV alike. However it will be a race between the 2 to see who comes outon top with the better feel. Yes TTR has the people and that makes the place. However, it has taken them YEARS to develop that base and if they don't hit the mark just right to cater to those... well I am afraid the ship may just list a bit.

10. Randy&Kay

Randy&Kay Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    Just returned

Just got back this evening, TTR was being painted, stucco fixed etc. A bit annoying having workers outside our window all the time, but glad to see them working and fixing stuff up. I'm sure with the weather/wind/salt etc any type building would need constant fixing. We did have a problem with hot water but called the desk and by the time we getting ready for dinner we had hot water.

We love TTR and all the friends we have made and the wonderful staff. Will have to hear some really great things about GOV to go try it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice