Grand Oasis Viva - Very Long Trip Report

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Lenni & Jodie, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Day 1
    Woke up on Sunday morning and there was snow on the ground and bad weather for the next 4 days in the forecast so I decided to give the new Grand Oasis Viva a quick visit. Booking was very easy through Expedia.ca and the best part, I was leaving the same day I booked, talk about last minute! My flight left at 4pm so I only had a few hours to pack and get everything ready for a well deserved and needed vacation.

We arrived at the hotel around 8pm, Mario at the front desk was very welcoming, gave us a quick run down of where everything in the hotel was, the times for the restaurants and activities. Up to our room we went to change for the warm weather and a crazy night of shenanigans. The drinks are very strong not the usual watered down drinks we are used to on some vacation destinations, so with that being said and we weren’t really familiar with the layout of the hotel just yet and it was only 8pm so it was pretty quite there, but we knew exactly where to go downtown and spent the night partying at Kongo’s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2 – We did the Boobscrusie, and as usual it was a blast, non stop partying from 9:30am to 5:30pm. After the cruise, we jumped on the R1 bus, 10 peso each and headed back to the Grand Oasis Viva. If you’re coming down from Temptations, leaving the hotel you will want to go to your left which is towards Coco Bongos or better known as the hotel zone. Its about 5 km away on the same side as TTR. However, there is a split or fork in the road way and you will need to pass through a old business area as it divides the roadway from north and south to get back on the other side of the road. You’ll understand better once you get there. We spent the evening recuperating from the cruise and fell asleep. Woke up at midnight and ordered room service. They have a $15 USD delivery charge, but the food is included and the room service is 24 hours a day, took less than 30 minutes for our food to come up as it was prepared fresh, we had the Cesar salad & Chicken Club, was pretty good too.

Day 3 – We met Valantina who is the concept manager who showed us the entire hotel, both the original one which is approximately 30 years old and the newer one which is approximately 3 years old, but both are attached and both are very new and really beautiful inside. This place is huge in certain ways, yet small enough to still not lose anyone of your friends. She walked us through the different rooms, gave us some history of herself in the business and is mid 20’s, very smart girl who has worked her way up the ladder to get where she is today. Also was introduced to Juan Pablo who I think was the Entertainment Manager whom also is in his mid 20’s and is very excited to see what the future holds.
    This is where we learned most of the hotels history and future plans....
    The Oasis brand has 6 hotels in Cancun and is very well established.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Rooms
    The Grand Oasis Viva has 441 rooms, all rooms are full ocean view, and the view is amazing. They have 235 Spice rooms which is the regular rooms, 181 flirt rooms which is a step up, then 15 seduuction rooms and finally 10 Sian Ka’an room, which are located on the 1st floor of the hotel above the the main lobby and breakfast buffet. This is currently under construction. They are installing hot tub outside the room with small private bamboo fence line between the room, and it over looks the main pool. This area is going to be a huge hit, private and very seductive, can have a very large party up there too if you have friends staying in those rooms. They will also be installing a roof for privacy so the upper decks cannot see below at what you’re doing down there.
    The Staff
    The hotel was only at 25% capacity during our stay for 2 reasons. Primarily this was due to their respect for their previous guest who booked their vacations awhile ago, as this used to be a family resort. They are doing a 3 phase system which was
    1) Stop taking bookings to allow time to transform into the new theme so it doesn’t ruin other guest experience not knowing of the change over
    2) Introduction of Adults Only & Staff Change Over
    3) Introduce the Topless Option and make the place Seductive & Sexy which will be in full effect as of mid December

The staff were all working very hard, there was definitely more staff there then guest, cleaning, painting, renovating, servers, house keeping, bartenders... the place was a large army of staff working non stop and always smiling and saying hello or ola as you passed them in the hall ways or outside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Food
    Breakfast buffet was a normal buffett, they had a fresh omelette station, real bacon that wasn’t over cooked, sausage, cerals, fruits & vegetables, about a dozen different jucies, several choices of breads, hash browns, French toast, waffles and pancakes. There was more but I cant remember all of it. I did read in another report that the food wasn’t all that great, but here is why and what we understood which makes perfect sense. With the hotel being under the new change over and the low capacity they have put out what they can for everyone to enjoy, they simple can’t put out food for 800 to 1200 people while the hotel is only at 25% capacity during the change over. They have new chiefs coming in and changing the menus, everyone there is ready for the big move and excited to it what happens in the next 6 to 12 months.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lunch was at the Muerdeme Mucho... simply put a Mexican Cuisine, however I cant remember what we ate as we were pretty drunk, lol the drinks are not watered down at all, this is a good thing. They do have a pool side restaurant called Mr Whimpy’s where they make burgers which were precook and warmed up on a George Foreman style grill, tried it once and said never again unless I am smashed and its 3am.... you all know those famous burgers lol.

Dinner was at The White Box, you need reservations for the restaurant, it was amazing in there. We started with different cheese choices and French olives with a variety of breads, then a beef plate with roasted potatoes’ in a wine sauce and a chocolate dessert that melted your taste buds away, Definitely eat at The White Box if you get a chance.
    [​IMG]

They have 8 restaurants but only 6 were open at the time.
    The Black Hole: Blind Tasting Experience – Not Open Yet
    The White Box: Gastrobar
    Muerdeme Mucho: The Mexican Cuisine
    Schillabar: Moroccan & Arabic Cuisine
    Moonlight: Italian Restaurant
    Cafe Del Mar: Music & Sushi Bar Located by the main pool & beach
    La Fuente; International Buffet
    Mr. Whimpy: Fast Food by the pool

The Beach
    Has a lot of lounger chairs, sun beds, massage tables, white sands and the ocean is clear is sea weed, the staff is out every morning first thing raking up the sea weed that washed ashore over night. It is much bigger than what we are used to at the other adults only resort in Cancun and you can go way out in the water and it is only 5 or 6’ deep. Jet ski are available to rent also on the on end of the property, they also have free scuba diving lessons in the pool and excursions available at additional charges. They also have a photographer on hand to take pictures for the ladies and couples whom would like those professional pictures taken.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Spa
    Wow what can I not say about the spa. Massage tables everywhere, hot tubs, steam room, sauna, mud table, private hot tub inside after the couples massage and also this Indian igloo thing that I didn’t try, but you sit inside it with some really hot stones and sweat away.
    [​IMG]
    http://[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Hotel
    The original hotel is approximately 30 years old, it used to have 8 floors, but now has 10. The 8th floor is where the really big rooms are, I believe these are called Seduction. The newer attached building is 11 floors, this is where you will find the infamous low ceiling change over. The front original hotel has showers only and the newer side has big bath tubs and shower. Bathrooms have double sinks, hair dryers, and a door on the washroom with locks and a good exhaust system lol. Both sides of the hotel have there own elevators. The original as normal sized elevators and the new one has really small one, it says it has a capacity of 9 people but 5 people makes them really tight quarters. These are lite up with dark blue LED lights. The main floor front lobby is really big, all marble and glass. They have wifi through out the property, $15 USD or 200 peso’s for 24 hours or 400 pesos for 5 days, it works well but not like home of course. They rent Smart Cars at $45 a day and more discounted the longer you rent. The gift shop has everything you need if you forgot something at home and is reasonably priced. The main pool is 4’ deep and has a shallow area that is 2’ deep, lots of room for the party animals. The second pool is more quite and just around the corner from the main pool and is covered for shade, just as nice as the main pool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The thing I liked most about Grand Oasis Viva is that is it up to date, very clean, didn’t see a single bug on the premises and everyone was more than happy to make sure you felt at home and was very welcoming to make sure you had a great time and wanted to come back. Last but not least they will be introducing the bracelet theme in the coming months. Its called “True Colours" and very simple 3 colour system... Green Yellow & Red and is available when you ask for them at the front desk when checking in.
    [​IMG]

This has gotten really long and there is so much more to tell you all but you will have to experience it for yourselves. Jannet and Steve even came over on a day pass and we all had a blast drinking pool side and talking with all the new managers there, everyone is excited to meet all the Cancuncare members, and remember if you stop by the hotel, make sure you let them know you're on Cancuncare also. Almost forgot Ana, she is the food and beverages assistant manager... beverage managers are my favorite, good to have friends in high places lol. Speaking of beverage managers. I would like to be the first to post the very 1st picture of AIWC pool side
    [​IMG]

Dont forget to like Steves facebook page also for this resort to see all the updates as they come along from everyone on here

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Lenni and Jodi,

It was so generous of you to "take one for the team" and spend a day making sure the drinks weren't watered down for us! :ernaehrung005:

Thank you for posting such a detailed report! Seeing what you did, do you think the party crowd will be in force at GOV by June, or do you predict it will be quieter than TTR?

You think we'll be able to have schoolgirl nights and a$$less nights at GOV?

:popcorn:

3. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Damm that is one thing I did forget to ask was about theme nights. I will ask I can't see there being any issues as they are all there with open arms and they also know Chinos too, so they can expect us to get pretty crazy there as usual.

I did ask them if they had thought of hiring Chino, but they said as much as they love him he is too rowdy for what their looking for as far as a main entertainment staff. They dont mind the sexy fun, they just want to find someone who doesn't swear as much lol. Which is still okay because we can still see his crazy ass on the boobs crusie

Valantina and Juan Pablo is also going to be setting up their own profiles on here to help answer questions, we told them to get ready to be bombarded with Q&A lol, I dont think they know whats going to hit them once they become public figures in here

They are at 80% capacity right now for Decemeber 2013 and plan on a big foam party around the main pool on Christmas. Not sure about how busy it will be but when you look at the statistics on the main page of CCC the TTR section vs GOV section is about 75/25 and GOV has only been up for a week or so, so the attention is shifting. I think this is a great opportunity for both resort as if one is sold out the other is available, this way we all stay in Mexico. All I know is I cant wait to see what happens in February 2015 with the Week 8 Crew

4. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We're switching hotels are we? :aktion047: (That's Lenni cracking the whip right there)

Yay!!! Sounds good! As long as there have been some negative reviews on Trip Advisor ranting about the tasteless shenanigans of the guests first. I won't go if there isn't any tasteless shenanigans :lotsofmichaelfs:

5. cold2hot

cold2hot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Review of gov

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
    We have booked with another couple and feel much better knowing that gov is working hard at customer service!
    It will be fun to stay at a new resort and take it all in!

Take care u guys!

6. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Lenni - just a FYI, the correct spelling of her name is Valentina and here's a bit of background on her - she formerly worked for Original Resorts as EC at Desire/Temptation Cabo as well as being former Guest Services Manager at Desire RM and then Desire Pearl.
    [​IMG]

She has lots of experience in the adult only sexy resort business and I'm positive she will be able to keep up with anything you can throw at her ;)

7. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Random Pictures to fill in the blanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lol watch your head when you go from the original side to the new side by taking the wrong elevator
    [​IMG]

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Fantastic TR you guys. Since the Hotel/Resort is still under construction, literally it seems, when do you think the tops-off partying and shenanigans will actually take off (pun intended)? By next summer, perhaps?

9. heidiho1128

heidiho1128 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Thank you so much for your great trip report and pics....we are booked for Feb 8 to 15th and your report is making us feel great about booking at GOV!

Keep on posting anything else you think of....we are stoked!

:headbanger:

10. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    We didn't even notice that construction was going on, we had heard about it on here and we had to go looking for it. You might hear the odd hammer or drill out by the main pool but it wasnt a complete noisy experience at all, we actually had to ask where it was then go looking for it.

After taking pictures up there one of the staff members working up there said that we shouldn't be up there in sandles, so because I left here in my actual work boots, I went up to my room put on my construction boots and fit right in, Im surprised they didnt hand me some cement and start helping out lol.

The fun will start as soon as more and more people take the plunge and head on over to see for themselves. What I found was a lot of people were on the TTR vs GOV thing and looking for things to like or dislike rather than just going over and enjoying it and making the most of their vacation like we did. Going early and seeing it now vs what it is going to be in 3 month vs 6 months vs next year are all going to big improvements. They have all the right staff there with previous experience from other Adults only resorts and as I mentioned earlier, they are ready and waiting for the crowds to start showing up, I know I am ready to go back again once we are finished up here for the season.... still building one more pool in the snow

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice