(GRAND) OASIS RENOVATIONS

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rated_SiR, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Rated_SiR

Rated_SiR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I hear that there are major renovations going on at the Oasis/Grand Oasis. Will this be complete for March? Is it complete now? Does anyone have any pics? What exactly have they, or will they be doing?

Also, is the Grand Oasis really that much better than the regular Oasis? If the regular Oasis is a slum, we may decide to shell out for the Grand assuming we have access to the party at the regular oasis.

2. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think some renovations are still underway at the Oasis, as I look at trip advisor pretty much every day these days (someone mentionned adding another floor? not sure about that one...).

Also, there are mentions of construction noise, etc really early in the morning.

:-|

I shall report back.

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Doing some re-painting and regular maint. that needed to be done from what I hear. First off the oasis is NO slum, I have never stayed there but I have been in the hotel MANY times. Its a very nice place. Yes, the Grand is better! Better food generally and the rooms are a little nicer. Usually NO spring breakers over at the Grand, since its a lot more quiet and usually families. If I was you, I would stick to the regular oasis, thats where the party crowd is at!

4. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, i am driving by the Oasis every day. They just added another storey to Phase 1 & 2 . Phase 1 is nearly finished, Phase 2 should be finished in a couple of weeks.

And by the way, they repainted the Grand to White.

No worries :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice