Grand Oasis ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. zurdoh44

zurdoh44 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my adventure (or nightmare) at Grand Oasis

hi you all.

my wife and I just got back from Cancun this past saturday, July 11th. we stayed at the Grand Oasis, and for us, it was a very unfortunate experience.
    to begin with, it took us 3 hours to check into our room. 3 hours of not being able to go eat, or rest, or stay at the pools.
    once they gave us our room, we noticed that the Air Conditioning was not working, so we called the concierge, who assured us that it would be up and running in less than 30 minutes, so we did not worry about it at the time. this was saturday night.
    after visiting one of their restaurants, where we did have some fine food, we went back to our room at around midnight, and the A/C was still not operational. we called back to the concierge, who put us on hold, and never called us back after we hung up on him for making us wait for an hour. we were tired, so we decided to try and get some sleep, which did not work at all.
    to make a long story short, they NEVER fixed the A/C, for our entire 8-day stay there. we made some friends, who were having the same difficulties with their rooms, and one couple had changed room 4 times, with no satisfaction.
    I could go on and on about our nightmare there, but suffice it to say, I am writing a letter to the CEO of the hotel, explaining to him how good a service they provided us with.
    I will never book a room in that hotel again, even if they give it to me for free.

2. Bandit51284

Bandit51284 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    do you know what number/phase building you stayed in?

3. zurdoh44

zurdoh44 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry for the delay. my room number was 2666, which to me, would mean phase two. but everybody there said I was on phase one. go figure.

4. TeriA

TeriA Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Grand Oasis/all Oasis resorts in the chain have been sold

Several people have now confirmed that the Oasis resorts, including the Grand Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis Riviera Maya, have all been sold to a company Be Live, renaming all the resorts. The Grand Oasis is now called the Be Live Grand Cancun. Hopefully this change of hands will positively impact the resorts, as they have been slowly declining.

5. wookie2533

wookie2533 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they haven't been sold the name has just changed because of a legal problem between the owners of the hotel and the company that managers it

6. Franzi

Franzi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will spend the night from the 16th to the 30th of March 2011 at this hotel. I have read only good Judgementsand we are glad about this hotel.

7. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also there 11th - 25th :)

Always stayed at the Grand Belive ( Oasis) . It was always a blast :) a bit quieter than regular Oasis during SB. But hey, the party is only 2 steps away.

Grüße aus Hamburg

8. teampunjabi

teampunjabi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone going to be at Grand Oasis from 29th of April to May 2nd, 2011. Ive got a group of 5 guys coming including me and wed love to meet up some people to party.

9. leonardito

leonardito Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  10. chucckwilliams

chucckwilliams Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This hotel is Located in Cancun’s Hotel Zone, the Grand Oasis Cancun All Inclusive beachfront resort is minutes from the airport and downtown, situated on the largest beachfront in Cancun with a variety of views

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice