Grand Caribe Real VS Oasis Cancun (Party hotels)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Hyru, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Hyru

Hyru Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all, my 1st post here. ive been dying to find a cancun forum and looks like I finally came across the golden one.

Anyway, on to my question.

A few of us (5 guys from Toronto) will be coming to Cancun this July. We are wondering what hotel you would recommend for 5 single guys. Of course, most important to us is the age range of the people (girls) staying at the same hotel. Everything else is secondary! Were here to party and want to stay at the party hotel of Cancun...

now, before you jump in and mention that Oasis wins by default cause theyre been labelled the party hotel since God knows when... heres why I ask...

Last summer I visited Cancun twice (yes, twice in one summer).. once in May and one in July. Both times I stayed at Oasis Cancun.

1st time arond: Mainly Canadians... The guy/girl ratio was like 70/30 - but thats because we had some of the British army staying over... but in general, I could count the number of girls with my fingers (well, lets say about 10-15 single girls).

2nd time around... More Americans... ratio was better, about 60/40 but again, there were only about 10 single girls!

Now, I know Oasis is the party hotel, but is it REALLY still the party hotel outside of Spring Break? I mean, both times w ehad terrible luck with girls in our hotel... at the clubs tho, they were everywhere... so theyve got to be staying somewhere! Is Oasis Cancun just over-rated?

Were thinking Grand Caribe Real... it seems to be an up and coming hotel thats getting some attraction from the younger parting crowd....

and Finally, I am of course open to your suggestions if you have a recommendation other than these 2 hotels....

recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You found the right place to ask and welcome aboard :)

Since you're going during Summer break, perhaps you'd like to post your question in the Breakers Forum, which is dedicated to all the partying peeps that go in Spring and Summer breaks. Most of 'em are fresh back from Spring Break and will have loads of info to share:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Oasis Cancun hands down for a party atmosphere!!

4. Hyru

Hyru Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hmm, so you think we should give Oasis another try despite the past 2 times it was pretty bad?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice