Gran Costa Real ***** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just went back and read what you asked about games, well yes they are toned down of course, if you want games not toned down go to the blue bay getaway, you will hear all and see all. It is alot of fun there, I would love to go there and join in the fun. Maybe later this year I will book to go there, I walked down the beach and checked it out, everyone was having an absolute blast. I think at Spring Break everywhere you go will be great fun. I think you will thoroughly enjoy yourself at Gran Costa Real, some people call it Costa Real, same hotel. There were a few comments from people going and they sound like alot of fun, if any of them are going the same time as you, contact them. When are you going? Sorry I just asked that. Jane

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am going march 7th to the 14th. Been to cancun before 3 times already...

Was kinda keen on staying at this hotel cause of the location. Seems close to everythign. What is like close walking distance near the hotel?

And are the beaches ok?

And as you said I wouldn't be able to tell they are doing contrustion? Does the hotel look like it's in contrustion mode?

Sorry for all the question..

3. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach is fine, everyday the chairs are put out either in the sun or under the palapas and you can sunbathe on the beach or around the pool.

Walking distance, well you can walk all along the beach, you could walk downtown but it is quite a long walk maybe 2 miles. What are you looking for?

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dunno is anythign around the hotel, any XOXO stores or something? Any bars near it..Walking distance?

5. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well let me think there is a bar La Boom across the street but it wasn't open but I bet it will be by March. The XOXO store wasn't close as far as I can remember. We rented a car and so it is hard for me to picture what is so close to the hotel. We actually don't frequent the tourist areas, having a Mexican fiance here, I went to the downtown areas where the locals went. The bus makes it so easy to get around though and taxis are all lined up out front of the hotel. Now that is a plus, you walk out the door and there is a line of taxis, that's why I say this hotel is so great because there is everything there. We stayed in the hotel zone before up the other end and it wasn't so convenient. I think you will love it there. Where are you from - Canada?

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep from Canada,., Thanks for the Info.
    As per La Boom I have heard that it won't be reopening for spring Break...So means we just have to go to the other bars...Whoohoo..
    Thanks for the info

7. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well you will certainly enjoy the warm weather. It is in the low 80's most days. As I said a taxi is right outside the door so you won't have any problem with transportation. Have a wonderful time. Jane

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Again...

Hey if you got any pics from the hotel you wanna share I would love to see them :lol:

9. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't have any digital pictures but a guy posted some on the 1st or 2nd page of this and his were identical, they could have been taken right now, everything is exactly the same. The hotel is in perfect condition, all the work has been finished. Actually this hotel was used as a shelter during the storm so it is a strong hotel and only had minimal damage. The beach is all cleaned up, really the hardest hit areas were the hotel zone further up. Of course the bar across the street was hit hard too but the hotel is fine, you honestly wouldn't know that there was a problem.

10. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are so welcome, just let me know if you need anymore information. I am more than happy to help you if I can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice