Gran Costa Real ***** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. cancun_crazy

cancun_crazy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spring Break

Afternoon all from a windy, cold, wet Hull - England!

I and 10 other are coming to cancun for the second year running! we are due to arrive on the 26th Februry and stayin for 3 weeks! We are staying at the Gran Costa Real after been moved from the Oasis Playa due to the hurricane damage still not fixed. we were gutted to hear this however we are slowly growing on the idea of stayin at this new hotel. We all dont really know much about this hotel and even weather this hotel is gonna be good for spring breakers?

I would be great if someone could let me know what its like if they have spent time at this hotel, especially over spring break!

See you soon Cancun!

Mark, England!

2. edmonton_jessie

edmonton_jessie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so is this hotel for a certain age range?? will my girlfriends and i be surrounded by families when we are there next month?

3. brock

brock Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey cheers for the reviews guys

I think by what people have said it should be a really good atmosphere out there in spring break. Will be looking forward to going out there.

Its nice to know the hotel is in good condition.

I'm sure every1 who goes during SB, will have a mad time.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah what was the age range like when you were there??

Loads of kids?
    And because it's a fmaily resort are the games toned down a bit??

5. shoreladie

shoreladie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Dream when I was there in July .. there was alot of your age ... and older

6. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from a week staying at the Gran Costa Real, we had a great week, weather was kind of windy at first but then it was beautiful. This is a great hotel, very central. We went downtown most of the evenings and had a fabulous time. Went to Cozumel and Isla Mujeres (again), cute island. I love Cancun and am already planning to return in May. If you have any questions, just ask. There are plenty of people from all different age groups so anyone would fit in. The beach is great and there is so much to do around the area. I loved the hotel and its location. Make time to eat in Maria's Restaurant, all the food in all the restaurants is great, fantastic selection.

7. Murph85

Murph85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hotel Costa Real

Hi can someone tell me if the Hotel Costa Real is the same as the Gran Costa Real?

Thanks in advance

8. shoreladie

shoreladie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes it is!

9. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well there is always entertainment going on all through the day and evening. The bar staff outside in the beach bar are alot of fun probably because they can watch everyone get drunk on a daily basis!! It is so much fun, they have volleyball on the beach and games etc at the pool during the day, there is diving if you want and the boat is next door to the right to go on the Isla Mujeres tour, they also have a boat where you can put a bubble on your head and it has a motor so you are standing and you dive, the pirate ship is also next door. In the evening you can go to the entertainment around the pool and then in the bar there is a group every night, it is alot of fun. Some people just hang out on the beach till the wee hours and have fun. Really there is alot to do in the hotel so you don't need to spend extra money doing outside things. Tours can really add up, the ski doo's are $45 for a half hour but they are fun, but expensive. So if you don't have alot of extra cash I would hang around the hotel or go to one of the bar's that are truly hopping until 3-4-5 in the morning. I am sure there will be some very willing guys to treat you to a few drinks!! Have fun and let me know if you have any other questions. Jane

10. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the rooms are great, our maid was fantastic, she left us candy everyday. You should get a safe to put your valuables in and be careful with the key. If you don't like the room they first give you ask if you can be changed to a different room. This is a very nice hotel, as for the destruction around Cancun, well you can see a few hotels still not open, not many now, work is still in progress in some areas, bars etc. But on the whole you wouldn't really know anything catastrophic went through there, they have done a remarkable job of cleaning up and planting and it seems renovating as they go along. I think more and more people are going back on a weekly basis now and Spring Break should be as full and fun as ever. When are you going?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice