Gran Costa Real ***** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. granshaz

granshaz Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, i'm visiting the Barcelo costa Cancun in November, i'm not sure but i think i read it somewhere it used to be called Gran costa Real, anyway, has anyone stayed here, 14 of us are going, all ladies, could anyone tell me if its a good hotel and if there's anything around it, like shops, bars. It is the first time any of us has visited Cancun, so any information would be much appreciated.
    Many Thanks

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah it's a nice hotel. An easy step to get a bus right outseide the hotel..

3. granshaz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your reply, i was wondering, we are visiting on a package tour and tranfers are included, would it be quicker to arrange our own transfers and if so which company would be the best to use.
    Thanks

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the transfers are include why not use them??

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    usually those transfers make you wait a considerable amount of time at the airport to fill up the van, then you have to stop at every hotel before yours to drop people off, and if the a/c in the van you're in doesn't work so well.... you get the idea...

the private ones wait for your party with your name on a sign at the airport, and go directly to your hotel without stopping.

of course, they cost around $50/60 round trip... so it depends on priorities

6. granshaz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi again, are there vans that will carry 14 people, or would we have to get smaller ones.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the tour company will provide transportation for whoever they have on their list. If it's 14 then they will have room for all of you. I would save the money and go with the tour agency, and the paid transfer they provide...

8. shoreladie

shoreladie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry dream it took so long for me to reply back .. Yeah when I was there it had cups and green slimy stuff around the pool .. eww .. But the next day it was clean .. But by the end of the week the green stuff came back again .. I dont know what is was .. But all it all I had an awesome time and would go back again .. :D Lisa

9. srw2005

srw2005 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought the pool was nice, after you have been to the grotty places in tenerife, kavos ad magaluf for previous 3 -4 year and you hit cancun it was like a palace compared to what i was used to, the pool was abit shallow me and my mate but hit out heads of floor after a few penguin dives.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Didn't notice any dirty pools. But I would have to say for them I bet it's hard to keep up with the cleaning. With all the sand and cups getting in the pool :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice